Anyone tried SP2 on a vLite'd SP1 install?

bizzybody

SP1 refused to install on most vLite'd installs of original Vista, so to keep things custom we had to use vLite to integrate SP1 and customize the install.

It would be nice to be able to just install SP2 onto my system as-is, then delete anything it keeps around for uninstalling SP2.

I haven't tried to install SP2 yet, would be nice to know what can be removed with vLite, while adding SP1, and still be able to install SP2.

Been doing some research and looks like for the first time Microsoft has released a non-cumulative service pack so SP1 must be installed before SP2. :P

It also looks like the author of vLite isn't going to "step up to the plate" and update it to integrate SP2, so we're back to the 'reverse integration' method. I'll have to find somewhere to shift a few gigs of files to do that- then I'll be stuck with all the crap I removed from Vista Ultimate SP1 using vLite.

sp2 won't install on a vlited sp1?!
If you removed components from your vLite'd SP1, then no, SP2 won't install. Otherwise, if you haven't removed anything, then I believe there's a registry key you have to remove in order to get SP2 to install (search the board - it's been mentioned tons of times).