Best way to setup a stable win98se running eviroment

Hey guys :hello:

I have been trying to setup a stable win98se system to play old games and run some older apps on. I had great luck with autopatcher 98, but I guess that's gone now. I have also used gapes packs as well.

At this point in time, what updates, packs, or other utilities would help me create the most stable win98se system possible, for the end user ? I am not a file modder so I am looking for "one click" type applications I can use.

This forum has been a wealth of info in the past for me (even though I don't post much :whistle: ) Maybe there could be a sticky concerning the basic setup of windows 98 se using the best of the member contributed projects ?

Thanks as always, and keep up the good work ! :thumbup

Hey guys :hello:

I have been trying to setup a stable win98se system to play old games and run some older apps on. I had great luck with autopatcher 98, but I guess that's gone now. I have also used gapes packs as well.

At this point in time, what updates, packs, or other utilities would help me create the most stable win98se system possible, for the end user ? I am not a file modder so I am looking for "one click" type applications I can use.

This forum has been a wealth of info in the past for me (even though I don't post much :whistle: ) Maybe there could be a sticky concerning the basic setup of windows 98 se using the best of the member contributed projects ?

Thanks as always, and keep up the good work ! :thumbup

In my opinion, the only way to make something stable is to modify setup.... don't know who can do it... (see here)

If autopatcher works for you, stick with it. Everything in there is about as recent and comprehensive

as possible. I wouldn't call 98se with IE6 stable, but it'll run supported apps with minimum hassle.

If it's stability you want, run a 98lite clean install with Gape's sp2.cab slipstreamed in. Zero effort, solid 98se.

Edited by Session