Adobe Reader 9.1.2 Lite

Yorn

Hey, I was wondering if anyone was still planning on releasing to MajorGeeks website the newer versions of Adobe Reader Lite or not? If not, how about a comprehensive "How-To" that is more clear and concise than Sharky's version from his thread?

It seems silly for Adobe to have requested work on this stop as I, and others, will likely be taking my 2,000+ user network to Foxit PDF or Sumatra PDF as a result.

Hey, I was wondering if anyone was still planning on releasing to MajorGeeks website the newer versions of Adobe Reader Lite or not? If not, how about a comprehensive "How-To" that is more clear and concise than Sharky's version from his thread?

It seems silly for Adobe to have requested work on this stop as I, and others, will likely be taking my 2,000+ user network to Foxit PDF or Sumatra PDF as a result.

In the meantime, give PDF-XChange Viewer a chance. I have found it to be much better than Foxit.

Seek and ye shall find http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=131086

There is a tutorial link there

Perhaps I should have been a bit more specific. Within that thread it is mentioned that there is a way to make all the changes without using Installshield, which would be great because that is a commercial product with a 30 day trial. I have thought about doing it without the Installshield portion, but that seems to negate the whole "Lite" portion of these changes.

I think I might just use a different product. I am not really a fan of Foxit PDF either, so I'll take a look at PDF-XChange. Thanks.

Edited by Yorn

Seems the last one "X" finished was Adobe Reader Lite 9.1.0.29 on his web page. When I last email with him he wasn't sure he would continue, but did say if he did it would be on his sight and Major Geeks

redo from the tutorial or follow beats' way to just slipstream 9.1.2 update on top of 9.1.0 ... forget about 9.1.1 because its annot.api is fixed *again* in 9.1.2.

off topic: What's up with annots.api anyway? seems that a lot of bugs comes from here.

Also, if you still have the 9.1 switchless release from the tutorial, extract it, download and apply the 9.1.2 patch* and rebuild the SFX.

* Thus: "msiexec /p AdbeRdrUpd912_all_incr.msp /a AcroRead.msi /qb"

Thanks guys, this is awesome. I made a switchless 7zip SFX'd version of my own so beats's method worked great to slipstream in the fix.

I agree. Adobe should just drop annotations or allow those of us who will never use them to forgo their use.