Logging On Problem

Kodash

Hi,

I'm hava bit of a problem with a coleagues laptop. Apparently it was working yesterday and hecould log on and off without having a problem.

But today is different :P

He tried logging on and was shown the message

The System cannot log you on due to the following error:

The system cannot find message text for message number 0x%1 in the message file for %2

Please try again or consult your system administrator

So i tried to log on as a Domain administrator and was shown the same message, then as a Local administrator and got the same message.I rebooted the machine and started it in Safe Mode, and could log on but there was no indication i could see of why this message keeps popping up, tried opening windows normally and it happened again. Tried last known configuration and still get the same error. Been googling nearly all morning and still can't find anything relevant. Any body have any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Kodash

as far as i know the machines log on using the classic windows NT screen (Ctrl+Alt+Del) and thats been changed locally as well as soon as they join the domain, i dont think theres anything in GP that has been changed, because this is the only machine in the OU that is showing this problem