Windows 7 & vLite *DEPRECATED*

liquid0624

You running a 780 sli board ? I am running a 790 sli board :) What i do is just copy the sataraid and sataide folders under the IDE directory after u extract the drivers to a new folder in the root of the install directory then load them using the browse feature during the install.

:yes: B) :P

Edited by liquid0624

You running a 780 sli board ? I am running a 790 sli board :) What i do is just copy the sataraid and sataide folders under the IDE directory after u extract the drivers to a new folder in the root of the install directory then load them using the browse feature during the install.

:yes: B) :P

Good tip I will keep that in mind just in case this one does not work. I did notice that the setup.exe file was missing from the sources folder and so I dropped that in there from the original and now I am burning another dvd lol through vlite and keeping my fingers crossed :)

I really appreciate all the advice though.

you could try this batch file for x64 for my guide! seems to be working in removing the packages? the wim tweak also seems to work too? unfortunately, the testing in vmware takes too long as im using a 32bit OS as my main system!

ps this will be my only test with x64 as its too time consuming in vmware! :P

actually looks like the batch file does not fully work so ignore it neither does the wim tweak? will stick with 32bit testing for now....

just did another test run, looks like the batch file & tweak does seem to work but it must be run in an x64 environment?

A really noob question...but when you navigate away from the components page and it asks you about the dependencies...meaning like network and sharing center needs link layer etc etc do you want to uncheck and keep needed component...do you guys just hit No?

I on certain occasions do:

Removed LLTD, kept Network and Sharing Center

Removed QoS and IPsec, kept WIndows update

Removed Task Scheduler, kept SQM

However my preset does not work with build 7201.

nb games explorer can be removed but not with vlite?

ps i will atempt an extreme vlite with internet explorer & media player removed? btw is it worth removing netfx or is that an integral part of windows 7?

Edited by dead0

not good...if you remove internet explorer, theres no back/forward movement in explorer! also mmc snapins will not work such as event viewer...back to the drawing board! :P

Edited by dead0

Hmm my game explorer is there but for some reason it is not downloading the box art and other information for 2 games that I have installed as of the moment COD World at War and the Last Remnant. Any ideas?

Don't use game explorer so i don't know. I am working on a new preset to keep things more functional but also have low ram usage and take up less disk space will post back later i hope.

Cheers looking forward to it.

I understand the cosmetic reasons because of the remote settings under system properties and the shortcuts on the start menu. Packages using the DISM tutorial u mean or under vlite im still getting 202 using vlite. Working on my first test now wish me good luck.

when i ran the install wim tweak, it was showing 264 or so with 7201 & now, it shows 357? with 7229

I using your mini-guide right now. The correct value is 364 packages for 7229 x86.

One question: Your batch file remove 72 packages befor vLite. Is possible to remove more packages with DISM ?

Edited by underxp