Windows 7 & vLite *DEPRECATED*

liquid0624

Regadring the integration, hotfixes don't work either. Obvious incompatibility of vLite with W7.

**** I wish someone made a similar program specifically for 7.

+1

isn't it possible to add the hotfixes using DISM?

Regadring the integration, hotfixes don't work either. Obvious incompatibility of vLite and W7.

Win integrator can do something. Integrate hotfixes and Language pack also And Win Integrator is somewhere around here and its intended only for 7. Note Win Integrator is in Alpha 3

Edited by kukulin

Regadring the integration, hotfixes don't work either. Obvious incompatibility of vLite with W7.

+1

isn't it possible to add the hotfixes using DISM?

Guys, check out a program called Windows 7 Toolkit (Google it :sneaky: ). This app lets you integrate drivers, hotfixes, themes, addons, updates, and other stuff. There is also a full suite of WIM tools for managing images. You can create addons and apply them to a wimfile. There's even an option for mounting/editing the registry :thumbup and of course implementing tweaks. Try it out, should be on WinCert

Guys, check out a program called Windows 7 Toolkit (Google it :sneaky: ). This app lets you integrate drivers, hotfixes, themes, addons, updates, and other stuff. There is also a full suite of WIM tools for managing images. You can create addons and apply them to a wimfile. There's even an option for mounting/editing the registry :thumbup and of course implementing tweaks. Try it out, should be on WinCert

Sounds good.. but what about WAIK? Is WAIK needed for this?

Edited by kukulin

I just finished my Windows 7 disk, and the internet will not work? It 'connects' but shows a little yelloe exclamation mark over the icon on the tray. I used Jeronimo's removal.bat coupled with his vLite ini. I'm using 64Bit... Is there something I should keep in DISM or vLite to make this work? I already modded his preset a little... but didnt take away anything that the preset didnt already have selected. Help appreciated and thanks in advance!

Guest MSFNorg
@ MSFNorg use below reg file to remove.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

;Remove Empty Desktop Icon
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace\{98D99750-0B8A-4c59-9151-589053683D73}]

Thanks trickstar for the tip ;)

I noticed some alternative way of removing components. Where are you getting all the information from? There's bunch if weird numbers, apparently package ids... I am interested.

The first is via vLite and the second via WIn Integrator, but Integrator is still alpha and IE cannot be removed - I tested it and maybe Windows 7 Tool Kit but Tool kit looks only for tweaks..

And the last is something like Win Integrator but its manual via batch file at least what I read in this topic

Or do you have a specific question?

Edited by kukulin

Never mind about that problem... integrated some TCPIP patch, threw off the internet connection ability!

Got my x64 image to about 950 Mb, can't wait to set up the RTM for real on my laptop. Is there any way to register ieproxy.dll pre-install? It may be possible to make a batch to do it, then use Windows 7 Toolkit to mount the registry so you can add it to RunOnce, anyone tried that?

Edited by SausageHack

Never mind about that problem... integrated some TCPIP patch, threw off the internet connection ability!

Got my x64 image to about 950 Mb, can't wait to set up the RTM for real on my laptop. Is there any way to register ieproxy.dll pre-install? It may be possible to make a batch to do it, then use Windows 7 Toolkit to mount the registry so you can add it to RunOnce, anyone tried that?

How did u get your image to 950mb did you use jeronimos batch and preset ?

Can someone please make a quick guide on how to get a small install size including a list of features that will be removed using the guide.

Because I don't have the time to read trough the 30 page long topic to find out what things you should keep and which tools to use, in what order you have to use them and etc.

Also I'd like to know what each tool does.

vLite is to rip some stuff out of it I guess.(I only have experience with XP)

Windows 7 Tools is to slipstream programs and stuff?

Is there a way to remove like all stock video adapter drivers and slipstream your own adapters driver only?

Because when you're using a laptop the chances are pretty small video drivers will change...

I've got a x64 ISO of the RTM build.

Thanks in advance,

T-Grave

How did u get your image to 950mb did you use jeronimos batch and preset ?

Sure did! Typing this from the install. Since IE was removed, I integrated an addon that gives you a choice of web browsers after first logon.

Can someone please make a quick guide on how to get a small install size including a list of features that will be removed using the guide.

Because I don't have the time to read trough the 30 page long topic to find out what things you should keep and which tools to use, in what order you have to use them and etc.

Also I'd like to know what each tool does.

vLite is to rip some stuff out of it I guess.(I only have experience with XP)

Windows 7 Tools is to slipstream programs and stuff?

Is there a way to remove like all stock video adapter drivers and slipstream your own adapters driver only?

Because when you're using a laptop the chances are pretty small video drivers will change...

I've got a x64 ISO of the RTM build.

Thanks in advance,

T-Grave

Here's what I have done to make a Laptop/Gaming Edition... Not really for netbooks but I need performance (and lower power consumption!)

1. Install WAIK 1.1, vLite, and Windows 7 Tookit IN THAT ORDER.

2. Reboot

3. Put Jeronimo's batch in the root of your hard drive (along with imagex.exe intclfg.exe install_wim_tweak.exe and Win32Security.dll)

4. Mod the batch file for you situation

5. Extract the ISO where you told the batch file to look

6. Run a command prompt window from the folder the batch is in and run

removal.bat packages

7. Reboot

8. vLite the image (HOMEPREMIUM), modify Jeronimo's INI as you see fit (rebuild to one image).

9. Reboot (yes it's important)

10. From another cmd window in that folder, run this:

removal.bat cleanup

11. Launch vLite and do something so you can click apply (dummy run)

12. Reboot and do the cleanup again

13. Now apply addons with Windows 7 Toolkit

----- DO NOT INTEGRATE ANY ADDON LIKE TCPIP OR NETWORK MODS!!! INTERNET WILL NOT WORK!!!

14. Delete every file out of ISO:\\sources EXCEPT: install.wim boot.wim and setup.exe

14. You may want to delete that NameSpace reg key using Windows 7 Toolkit (reg hive mounter)

16. Test in VM or straight up install it! Good Luck!

Edited by SausageHack

whenever i use vlite after using the batch file, i always get the error that "system can not find the file specified" when vlite is rebuilding the image. the errors comes around 1100 MB or so. anybody have idea? i'm working with Ultimate x86 edition.