Windows 7 & vLite *DEPRECATED*

liquid0624

I updated my post post here with slightly different preset (Task scheduler poses no issues and now is removed) and some additional remarks. One remark is that on the dummy run of vLite, that you should not remove any components or it will provide an error and exit.

I've followed your guide and got an error about the product key. I've run all steps 3 times now, and it keeps giving the same error. Setup will loop if i pressd ok there. Maybe I do something wrong:

- Run removal.bat

- Run removal.bat packages in the newly opened window

- Run vLite with the preset form your post

- Run removal.bar cleanup (edited II to 1 because I rebuild it to 1 (Home Premium))

- Run vLite dummy, creating the ISO

I don't integrate any language packs. Any ideas?

Don't enter a product key during setup do it afterwards the steps that u listed are correct :blink:

Don't enter a product key during setup do it afterwards the steps that u listed are correct :blink:

Unattended is unchecked in both vLite runs, and no serials are entered anywhere. I've only run the preset form the post, nothing else.

Edit:

Maybe I was unclear, the popup with the error appears on its own, I have no chance to do anything in the setup yet as the popup will come back as soon as I click ok.

Edited by blerk

Did you modify Jeronimo's preset at all ?

No. I just used the preset, no editing, nothing at all. It is weird isn't it? If I try one of the other presets from this thread it works fine, and I get no popups. I hope there will be a vLite 1.3 or a 7lite soon :unsure:

Hi folks I am new here and have been studying how to vLite succesfully. Everytime I make a build it always ends up with "Windows cannot be configured to run on this hardware.". I can even leave every driver and hardware support in there and I get the same error...I have even used the inis from here without modification AND included every driver I have from exporting them in DriverMax....Anyone have any suggestions?

Please make sure, that you edit the removal.bat for your purpose: not only set II to 2, but also set the edition to H! It might be better for me to join the 2 settings, but considering there will be different versions (where one has 1 Starter, 2 HomePremium,... and another 1 Starter, 2 HomeBasic, 3 HomePremium,...) I will need to check how this can be done easiest.

I will check within the next day or 2. Then I will then have the full Dutch RTM and be able to check HomePremium. For now I only have RTM Ultimate (with Dutch integrated), which works perfectly now (I did need to make some modifications though).

Hi folks I am new here and have been studying how to vLite succesfully. Everytime I make a build it always ends up with "Windows cannot be configured to run on this hardware.". I can even leave every driver and hardware support in there and I get the same error...I have even used the inis from here without modification AND included every driver I have from exporting them in DriverMax....Anyone have any suggestions?

Read the full topic and you will have some hints or you can clarify what you have already tried. For starters: keep Game Explorer, IE, Firewall, ICS and MDAC.

Edited by Jeronimo

Read the full topic and you will have some hints or you can clarify what you have already tried. For starters: keep Game Explorer, IE, Firewall, ICS and MDAC.

Thanks for the reply and the good work you do...I tried Win7elite64.ini on a 64-bit OS and using 7600.16385 as the base and still no cigar...if it helps I am compiling the build to run on a laptop...

Please make sure, that you edit the removal.bat for your purpose: not only set II to 2, but also set the edition to H! It might be better for me to join the 2 settings, but considering there will be different versions (where one has 1 Starter, 2 HomePremium,... and another 1 Starter, 2 HomeBasic, 3 HomePremium,...) I will need to check how this can be done easiest.

I will check within the next day or 2. Then I will then have the full Dutch RTM and be able to check HomePremium. For now I only have RTM Ultimate (with Dutch integrated), which works perfectly now (I did need to make some modifications though).

Ok, cheers for the info, will give it another go and also change the edition. Another quick question though, vLite complains about dependencies not being met and I can cancel or press ok to enable the dependency, I can safely ignore these right?

Edit 1:

I can report it is working now, changing both values did the trick. Thanks.

Edit 2:

At the end of installing I got an error about WINIPSEC.DLL not being present. I will try to add it to the keep list in vLite and see if that fixes it.

Edit 3:

Adding the WINIPSEC.DLL to the keep list worked and the install went fine, but after entering my user name and password I get a popup related internet explorer saying it can't find IESSETUP.DLL (with double s yes). After clicking ok the desktop loads fine, after a reboot the error doesn't come back.

Edited by blerk

I don't integrate any language packs. Any ideas?

Like, put key in vLite - OK, at the very end SETTINGS, error

Please do not post cd keys here its not permitted and will get you banned :realmad:

Edited by liquid0624

Thanks for the reply and the good work you do...I tried Win7elite64.ini on a 64-bit OS and using 7600.16385 as the base and still no cigar...if it helps I am compiling the build to run on a laptop...

Are their any specfic files that needed to be protected on a laptop...no matter how I customize the ini (even if no customization is done at all). The same error occurs from the above. Can anyone help? I am at my wits end about this

BTW I have protected the files listed above

Edited by Zidane2424

wer.dll

msdrm.dll

browcli.dll

msoert2.dll

winipsec.dll

werconcpl.dll

Magnification.dll

sorry but why it's necessary to "protect" these files?

thank you

wer.dll (have to protect this file in order to remove the error reporting service)

msdrm.dll (have to protect this file in order to remove digital rights management)

browcli.dll (have to protect this file so net start/stop will work by command prompt)

msoert2.dll (protect this file only if you are going to use and install msn messenger)

winipsec.dll (have to protect this file in order to remove the ipsec policy agent service)

werconcpl.dll (protecting this file is only for cosmetic reasons not necessary whatsoever)

Magnification.dll (protect this file if you are keeping the Snipping Tool or it won't work at all)

Edited by liquid0624