Windows 7 & vLite *DEPRECATED*

liquid0624

LOL Yea i found that one just didn't have any clue that file would have anything to do with breaking the eject removal functionality thanks for clarifying bro :thumbup

Yeah I know, but select the icon and it shows only "...", run the command, select the icon again and voi la it does work.

Edited by Jeronimo

Jeronimo when i remove IE explorer tends to loose its back and forward functionality does this happen for u ? :unsure:

Yes I had something similar, but I think it was only after 1st boot when clicking on the "My Computer" icon: every drive/folder would open in a seperate window, but since they are all grouped in the taksbar, it seemed like back/forward is not working.

Similar things happen when QoS is removed and after entering your details (ending with timnezone) Windows does not restart for 1st use, but directly ggoes to desktop. Then I can not add a WLAN manually. After reboot everything works fine.

Also opon investigating this, I noticed that it would be handy to keep Personalization package. Without the option you lack proper control over your Dekstop (Aero-interface). Will update the details within the next few days after I have tested it.

Edited by Jeronimo

yeah! I want to try this for Win 7 RC 7100.

lol dude, the rtm is out there :thumbup

microsoft has not confirmed the build string for the rtm

there is no rtm

http://haswindows7rtmed.com/

Is anyone else 'acquiring' the official RTM? I'm getting the 64-Bit from my Linux Mint install (too much tweaking 7 has finally come back to get me)

Looks like mainly the same as 7600.16384, but has some activation bug fixed. Can't wait for my Home Premium x64 in October :rolleyes:

We need some moderation around here.

To much open talk of warez is going on.

This thread should be closed and deleted...

Are you referring to Windows 7 as warez? There is nothing illegal about downoading this, just activating it. On the other hand, do you suggest 'closed' talk of warez as opposed to open' talk? This thread complies with all MSFN rules.

And my mention of the final build string was a public press release by Microsoft them self. We are not posting links to illegal images or torrents of windows 7 or methods of bypassing activation so therefore we are in compliance of the MSFN rules and regulations.

This might have been tried by others but I think I might be on to a way of finding out what can be removed from winsxs. Taking a snapshot of the COMPONENTS registry hive before and after removing packages with DISM shows the deletion of values corresponding to the winsxs components. Simply deleting these components from winsxs breaks Windows 7 installation but it might just be a question of editing the pending.xml found in the winsxs folder (i.e. removing references to removed packages). Any thoughts on if it's doable?

This thread should be closed and deleted...
It's in the gray area, but I'm leaving the thread open. The build string is public as of yesterday, and discussions of such aren't warez. I'd caution folks from

discussion of torrents and the like, but otherwise, this seems OK.