Windows 7 & vLite *DEPRECATED*

liquid0624

after another rebuild, install size now 2.93gb after compression :thumbup

how u doing it can't get this under 3gb let alone 2.93gb lol :thumbup

i'll tell ya in just over 2 weeks when i return from my holday! :P plus my monior blew up last night so im using my old 14inch...**** the screen is small!!! :wacko:

2Jeronimo

When i run your batch-file, i get error "only package owners can remove package" in dism.log for all packages except first four localpacks. In ~Program Files\Windows Sidebar and other folder all files owned by TrustedInstaller. How i can solve a problem?

I know about *.reg file that added to menu "Grant Admin Full Control", but i don't know to which files i must use it (and i guess there are many files, which must be fixed, because amount of packages to delete is big too). There is other way to solve a problem?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.

Do you have the install_wim_tweak along with the dll in the same folder? I never had any issues with ownership with files in the install.wim so I am not sure why you get them.

I tried removing all files related o the packages that i removed with dism/vLite from the image(servicing, catroot, winsxs, manifests), but then the installation fails. I am fine with the image as I have it now. Might juggle a bit wit Win Integrator now.

Edited by Jeronimo

I've got a question that probably best fits here.

When I last tried to run W7 installation through vLite, I couldn't get it to work. I am not entirely sure, but I think integrating drivers was the problem. Was that because of incompatible WAIK version? What exactly is this responsible for?

i'll tell ya in just over 2 weeks when i return from my holday! :P plus my monior blew up last night so im using my old 14inch...**** the screen is small!!! :wacko:

dead0 that is not cool bro! Im gonna be up 2 weeks straight trying to figure this out till u get back

:wacko:

Edited by liquid0624

dead0 that is not cool bro! Im gonna be up 2 weeks straight trying to figure this out till u get back

my monitor blew up today so i cant do no further testing til i return! im using a very old 14inch monitor which is very blurry so not sure what im typing will make any sense! :P

ps its very time consuming to find out which files to delete & keep

how u doing it can't get this under 3gb let alone 2.93gb lol

i'll tell ya in just over 2 weeks when i return from my holday! :P plus my monior blew up last night so im using my old 14inch...**** the screen is small!!!

my monitor blew up today so i cant do no further testing til i return! im using a very old 14inch monitor which is very blurry so not sure what im typing will make any sense! :P

ps its very time consuming to find out which files to delete & keep

<== Throws you a spare monitor across the atlantic ocean and i say get to work no holidays lol its kool bro no worries i shall wait for your return in the mean will have no hair left :wacko: b/c windows 7 i believe has went gold :thumbup:whistle:

haswindows7rtmed.com?!?

Updated my post and removal.bat. Now supports driver integration, maybe I should rename the file.

I saw a question on how it works (script? If scripting where a car, then this would not even be a bicycle), but I added the post for quick detail and some insight. I assume that the people here know a bit what they are doing (read the cmd-file) and, with all due respect, have a basic understanding of the English language. I am happy to answer any question, clear up confusion and correct irregularities, but I am not going to make a step by step manual.

[edit]Re-download removal_bat.txt : I ran into some issues during my final tests (probably was a bit too eager to post it[/edit]

Edited by Jeronimo

Updated my post and removal.bat. Now supports driver integration, maybe I should rename the file.

I saw a question on how it works (script? If scripting where a car, then this would not even be a bicycle), but I added the post for quick detail and some insight. I assume that the people here know a bit what they are doing (read the cmd-file) and, with all due respect, have a basic understanding of the English language. I am happy to answer any question, clear up confusion and correct irregularities, but I am not going to make a step by step manual.

[edit]Re-download removal_bat.txt : I ran into some issues during my final tests (probably was a bit too eager to post it[/edit]

Hey Jeronimo nice work bro on the scripts and stuff :) In you original post what file are you referring to about regsvr32 to make the eject device tray icon to work right? You said its in the script somewhere but i can't seem to find it :(

Lol, just search for the string and you will find it. You do need to keep Windows Connect as well, have not found the file(s) that break safe removal in that component and I doubt I will.

REM Internet Explorer
copy "%mount%\Program Files\Internet Explorer\ieproxy.dll" "%mount%\Windows\system32"
REM regsvr32 /s "%SystemRoot%\system32\ieproxy.dll"

I could have made a more explicite remark, but I have it put in another "script" that I run after installing Windows (to bloat it up again with all the stuff you need to install).

Edited by Jeronimo