Windows 7 & vLite *DEPRECATED*

liquid0624

Hi, I have a problem with WLAN: Network and Sharing Center can not connect automatically to a Router protected with password (don't show the window asking for the protocol and password, only give a error), I must connect manually especifying the parameters. If the router is not protected, Windows connect correctly.

I attached my preset, i think that problem is related to EAP or Protected Storage ?

Win7.ini

Hi, I have a problem with WLAN: Network and Sharing Center can not connect automatically to a Router protected with password (don't show the window asking for the protocol and password, only give a error), I must connect manually especifying the parameters. If the router is not protected, Windows connect correctly.

I attached my preset, i think that problem is related to EAP or Protected Storage ?

more than likely its EAP

Really strange: even if I only mount the image (image 2), run install wim tweak, commit the image and then install the appropriate version (Home Premium), then I get a blue screen upon windows 1st boot.

more than likely its EAP

Thanks Dead0, I will try right now.....

dead0, i dont remove EAP+protected storage and the problem persist!!! Any ideas?

Ps, when I open the windows with wlans detected, the protected wlans dont show the lock!!!

did you remove the network diagnostic package with dism? also did you keep wlan support?

Edited by dead0

I was thinking underxp the problem might be these 2 components

Link-Layer Topology Discovery (LLTD)

Quality of Service (QoS)

Also removing Network Explorer could possibly have something to do with it as well

EAP and NAP could be an issue as well possibly :ph34r:

dead0, i dont remove EAP+protected storage and the problem persist!!! Any ideas?

Ps, when I open the windows with wlans detected, the protected wlans dont show the lock!!!

did you remove the network diagnostic package with dism? also did you keep wlan support?

- Network diagnostic removed with vLite.

- I keep wlan support.

- Link-Layer Topology Discovery (LLTD) was not removed.

- Quality of Service (QoS) was not removed.

- EAP was not removed.

- NAP was not removed.

- Network Explorer was not removed.

Any ideas ? :wacko:

this should be the final version of my batch file & last session for x86 build:

i may keep WCF tho? :thumbup

Will these files work on any Windows 7 build or any particular release only ( if latter then which one exactly ) ?

Also are these fine to be used/slimming Win 7 RTM Too ? I know this might not be answerable right now, but if the process is a bit same then these should be working on maybe RTM too, when its released ? Any ideas ?

this should be the final version of my batch file & last session for x86 build:

i may keep WCF tho? :thumbup

Will these files work on any Windows 7 build or any particular release only ( if latter then which one exactly ) ?

Also are these fine to be used/slimming Win 7 RTM Too ? I know this might not be answerable right now, but if the process is a bit same then these should be working on maybe RTM too, when its released ? Any ideas ?

The should work on build 7100 and up. Well build 7264 is what it has been tested on. So the answer is yes they should work with rtm :)

i will be posting some batch files myself shortly just need to run a few more tests also new preset will be coming with it so keep checking back just have been really busy lately :wacko: