Windows 7 & vLite *DEPRECATED*

liquid0624

@Jeronimo

wooohhh!!! that an awesome batch mate... well thx!! greatly appreciated.

anyway i noob question here.. whats the difference of deleting the folder and nullifying the folder? does the nullified folder will be removed after rebuilding the image??

I remove only drivers from winsxs and all other related folders (with help/info from dead0 :) ), I do not need to nullify those I think. I did check with the tool underxp specified which folders are biggest. For the drivers I removed all folders of over 2MB that I do not need (I have an Atheros WLAN card, that is the only driver I kept).

Edited by Jeronimo

i have used a modified version of the ultra config.

attached it. Windows Add/Remove Features is not working. and it seems that i get a blank file on my desktop after install

Mepty file can be removed, forgot which option it is. Add/remove is known to not work upon removal of Help (Windows Search and Fax support also reported as dependant for Windows features to work).

@jeronimo

oh, i mean the ">nul" command on your batch file... i thought it was null command hehe, what does >nul stands for?

Do not display messages to screen (only errrors). As with >/dev/null on Linux.

attached it. Windows Add/Remove Features is not working. and it seems that i get a blank file on my desktop after install

capturemnc.th.png

that would be due to the removal of media center with vlite, i believe?!

When trying to remove packages with DISM, I keep getting the error that dism.exe is not a valid win32 application.

what operating system are you using? if you are trying to run dism for x64 in a x86 environment, then you will get that error?

Mepty file can be removed, forgot which option it is. Add/remove is known to not work upon removal of Help (Windows Search and Fax support also reported as dependant for Windows features to work).

i actually did not remove the components u specified. i saw that on http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=862242

COMPONENTS that CANNOT be removed

Game Explorer

Snipping Tool

Welcome Center

Windows Image Acquisition

WLAN Support

Internet Explorer

Network and Sharing Center

Windows Firewall

Application Experience

Internet Connection Sharing

Multimedia Class Scheduler

Background Intelligent Transfer

Windows Update

Component Cache (winsxs)

Manual Install (Setup.exe)

Microsoft HTML Engine

MDAC

IMPORTANT Windows System32 files to PROTECT

wer.dll

msdrm.dll

browcli.dll

msoert2.dll

winipsec.dll

werconcpl.dll

Magnification.dll

Miscellaneous APPLICATION & COMPONENT Removal Issues

Removing Help component breaks Windows Features

Removing Fax Support component breaks Windows Features

Removing Windows Search service breaks Windows Features

Removing Task Scheduler service breaks Disk Defragmenter

Removing Windows Connect Now service breaks Devices & Printers

Removing Crash Dump Support breaks Hibernation and Hybrid Sleep

Removing Event Log service breaks Tweak 7 Beta and O&O Defrag 11

Removing Distributed File System component breaks Group Policy Object Editor

capturemnc.th.png

DELETE THIS REG KEY TO REMOVE THE BLANK FILE:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace\{98d99750-0b8a-4c59-9151-589053683d73}

Edited by trickstar

When trying to remove packages with DISM, I keep getting the error that dism.exe is not a valid win32 application.

what operating system are you using? if you are trying to run dism for x64 in a x86 environment, then you will get that error?

I guess that's the problem. I'm running DISM for 7 x64, but am running XP x86. Is there any way I can get a DISM to run this way?

I guess that's the problem. I'm running DISM for 7 x64, but am running XP x86. Is there any way I can get a DISM to run this way?

no! not unless you run a 64bit os!!!

Hi, i was trying to reduce the amount of data of "windows rc1", on vlite it showed that the reduction was to be about 3,3gb or something like that, i obviously realized it was wrong, but at the end it only reduced in 800MB, and be sure i've taking out only 840MB is that right?

i've attached the preset i used, i've not tested it yet, it was only supposed to me to have an idea of the amount was possible to take out, so i can realize what kind of softwares i will be able to put in at the end.

Thanks

teste_nu_rc.ini

Ok, here the preset I am using. You have to understand the batch-file included (rename it to removal.bat). There are some comments, but you must know what you are doing. Use parameter all (removal.bat all) for removal of packages and cleanup, parameter packages (removal.bat packages) just for for package removal and cleanup (removal.bat cleanup) for just the cleanup. You also need the install_wim tweak and correct the paths in the batch file to fit your needs.

I could try and remove ICS and Windows Firewall, but I doubt that will work (maybe I will give it another try). I was able to remove Internet Explorer and keep Firefox plugin IE tab working.

However I think this is the limit for now (install.wim 1.02GB, Windows-drive 3.25GB excluding page-/hibernate-file) and I am happy with it. Just need to see that everything functions as it should, as I have not yet done extensive testing.

For safe removal you need to perform the following command after installation:

regsvr32 /s "%SystemRoot%\system32\ieproxy.dll"

Hi, can you please post the attached files again. I cant download them.