Windows 7 & vLite *DEPRECATED*

liquid0624

After apply nullify to (some folders) within WinSxS, my install footprint is 2.20 Gb, and PDF printers works OK !!!!!!!!!

Dead0, I think that drivers are better removed with vLite (printers, fax, scanners, etc), and you?

(BTW, my Seven install footprint include 512 MB pagefile :P )

Edited by underxp

After apply nullify to (some folders) within WinSxS, my install footprint is 2.20 Gb, and PDF printers works OK !!!!!!!!!

Dead0, I think that drivers are better removed with vLite (printers, fax, scanners, etc), and you?

(BTW, my Seven install footprint include 512 MB pagefile :P )

i dont think vlite removes that many drivers! i usually remove them manually

ps install size now 2.14gb plus i was able to remove file & printing server

**** i was hoping to go under 2gb...install size after drive compression with 512mb page file...2.03gb! :P

im sure if i removed printer support or WCF, i would hit under 2gb!!! :P

Edited by dead0

what pagefile size include your install foot print?

Well, you post the answer before my post.

Congratulations man, under 2 GB will be a hit !!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by underxp

do you tried removing .NET 3 ? is a heavy package (assembly folder + Microsoft.NET folder = 410 MB)

was thinkin about it but thought keep it for any compatibility reasons! its probably best to use dism to remove it tho?

bingo, just done a restart & now the install drive is showing up as 1.98gb!!! :D

heres my latest batch & lastsession...this is only for x86 only!!! not sure about x64?

Edited by dead0

Dead0, I reduced my installed footprint to 2.02 GB (including 512 mb pagefile without compression) !!!! But is a heavy work nullify all folder from removed packages :(

I think that .NET 3 is aggressively embedded into Windows Seven funcionality and is not possible remove it without break Seven :thumbdown

Dead0, I reduced my installed footprint to 2.02 GB (including 512 mb pagefile without compression) !!!! But is a heavy work nullify all folder from removed packages :(

I think that .NET 3 is aggressively embedded into Windows Seven funcionality and is not possible remove it without break Seven :thumbdown

yes it is! just not worth the hassle for a few extra mbs! :P btw is your search working properly in the start menu when you click more details?

Nullify Update 2 changes:

1) Now you can select multiple folders from Explorer/Treesize and apply Nullify.

2) Now Nullify create tmp bat files in your %TEMP% folder (Please, before use Nullify check this environment variable exists).

TMP bat files created by Nullify are NOT deleted. You are warned.

nullify_update2.rar

Edited by underxp

yes it is! just not worth the hassle for a few extra mbs! :P btw is your search working properly in the start menu when you click more details?

Nop, show error "search:query=YOUR_FRASE class not registered" ???????