Windows 7 & vLite *DEPRECATED*

liquid0624

my latest batch (dwm) file & lastsession.ini

nb lastsession.ini is untested at time of posting

try this session with my batch file?

I'll try tomorrow with Seven 7229 x86 :thumbup

Edited by underxp

@dead0:

You move quite a bit less packages than before, how come?

(amonst others Microsoft-Media-Foundation-Package, Microsoft-Windows-Client-Wired-Network-Drivers-Package, Microsoft-Windows-ClipsInTheLibrary-Package)

Edited by Jeronimo

Well. this new .bat is only for 64-bit, and have "only" 61 packages removal :(

yes! :P

You can edit this bat file if you want to..

yes!

By the way dead, did you try your new batch file already? What? No problem?

no problems with the batch?

@dead0:

(amonst others Microsoft-Media-Foundation-Package, Microsoft-Windows-Client-Wired-Network-Drivers-Package, Microsoft-Windows-ClipsInTheLibrary-Package)

removed less with dism but was able to delete more with vlite! i think if you remove packages with dism, the files still remain in the winsxs folder???

ps doing another test now with client network drivers & clipsinthelibrary, disk diagnosis & a few others back in the batch file?

Edited by dead0

pps if you try to remove client network drivers & modem drivers with dism, there is a conflict; neither gets removed from the driverstore? but if you only remove modem driver, then they will get removed!

Well. this new .bat is only for 64-bit, and have "only" 61 packages removal :(

yes! :P

You can edit this bat file if you want to..

yes!

By the way dead, did you try your new batch file already? What? No problem?

no problems with the batch?

@dead0:

removed less with dism but was able to delete more with vlite! i think if you remove packages with dism, the files still remain in the winsxs folder???

ps doing another test now with client network drivers & clipsinthelibrary, disk diagnosis & a few others back in the batch file?

do you mean that (- packages removes with) DISM plus (+ packages removes with) vLite turn out a small install.WIM image size ?

do you mean that (- packages removes with) DISM plus (+ packages removes with) vLite turn out a small install.WIM image size ?

yes! packages such as mediacenter & tabletpc ae better removed wth vlite than dism?

Guys i have problem issues from 7260. I tried to make an iso from a vhd file but it continiously giving some error. I used the 7231 to make an iso from this.

Now I solve the problem. I capture the install.wim from 7260 and drag it to 7100 iso. I tried it to 7231,7229,7232 but it failed.Only from 7100. Great!! By the way i got this also from google.

i think i finally got a proper working x64 install! installation size is about 3.7gb & everything seems ok without event viewer throwing up any errors at all. will post my batch file & lastsession shortly

ps after drive compression. install size has gone down to 3.36gb

Edited by dead0