Windows 7 & vLite *DEPRECATED*

liquid0624

Dead i have problems in removing the packages. Im done with the tweak and I successfully save it but when I tried to remove the packages using the batch file it gives me an error and it says "Access denied". I edited the batch file and i put the right destination but failed. How can I remove this packages? I'm now trying to do it with 7232. I hope u can answer this. Thanks :rolleyes:

Edited by zeporpai109

Dead i have problems in removing the packages. Im done with the tweak and I successfully save it but when I tried to remove the packages using the batch file it gives me an error and it says "Access denied". I edited the batch file and i put the right destination but failed. How can I remove this packages? I'm now trying to do it with 7232. I hope u can answer this. Thanks :rolleyes:

after the tweak, dismount with save, then mount again to apply the batch file...?

ive managed to get my x64 install.wim size to just under 1gb...lets just see if it works? :P

How many packages you remove now with DISM ? (your mini guide remove 72 packages)

i'll post the batch file tonight

I followed your guide from the 1st page but i can't understand this "4) from a cmd prompt, run install_wim_tweak.exe /m & then type c:\s2". I'm sorry coz i'm confuse but what's /m? Thanks again.. :D

the /m switch allows you to take ownership of the packages pending in the registry, without that, you will get errors

I'm using gimagex so how can I do that?

after you mounted the install.wim, start up dos prompt, go to the folder you extracted the install wim tweak to, then run that command

i think i might have it working now? got my x64 wim down to just over 900mb??? :P

ps do not remove windows search in vlite if you want to keep search functionality in x64?

Edited by dead0

@dead0: After install_wim_tweak.exe in Stage 1, do you need to commit the image before going to stage 2? If so, I missed out on that with my batch-file and need to update it.

yes! commit the image before proceeding to stage 2

ps i also manually removed some drivers such as ati/nvidia/intel, printers, win image aquisition, modem from the system32\driverstore\filerepository & winsxs & inf directories! becareful what you delete tho?