Windows 7 & vLite *DEPRECATED*

liquid0624

What kind of compatibility issues you having with removing Error Report service? Remote Desktop if you use it i would keep it but if not removing it in my eyes is better b/c i could be a way of gaining control of your system so i see it as a security threat.

What kind of compatibility issues you having with removing Error Report service? Remote Desktop if you use it i would keep it but if not removing it in my eyes is better b/c i could be a way of gaining control of your system so i see it as a security threat.

just for future compatibility & the remote desktop & assistance is just for cosmetic reasons! you could remove the client tho :P

ps looks like b7229 has more packages than 7201?

Edited by dead0

I understand the cosmetic reasons because of the remote settings under system properties and the shortcuts on the start menu. Packages using the DISM tutorial u mean or under vlite im still getting 202 using vlite. Working on my first test now wish me good luck.

I understand the cosmetic reasons because of the remote settings under system properties and the shortcuts on the start menu. Packages using the DISM tutorial u mean or under vlite im still getting 202 using vlite. Working on my first test now wish me good luck.

im testing 7229 now...will let you know how it goes in 30mins

when i ran the install wim tweak, it was showing 264 or so with 7201 & now, it shows 357? with 7229

just did my first install, followed my method above, beside a few errors in event viewer, everything seems to be running fine in vmware! this is the new but i will use my last session from my guide instead! this install size is about 3.4gb tho?

Edited by dead0

failed again i am gonna try again thanks for the preset and i will post back. Did you get the x64 build this time around? I am using the latest version of virtual box. Did you test the power options if u did the x64 build? :whistle:

why are you protecting these 2 files? U use media center, and most of the networking ?

windows\system32\tbs.dll

windows\system32\msoert2.dll

This one is not really needed b/c activation doesn't require it ne more it did at one time.

windows\system32\SCardDlg.dll

The unattended options aren't really good to have there either :sneaky:

why are you protecting these 2 files? U use media center, and most of the networking ?

windows\system32\tbs.dll

This one is not really needed b/c activation doesn't require it ne more it did at one time.

windows\system32\SCardDlg.dll

The unattended options aren't really good to have there either :sneaky:

i keep tbs.dll coz i get an installation error regarding trusted platform. dont know why tho? msoert2.dll is kept for installing msn messenger 8.5. scard was kept for activation! :P

the unattended settings arent used at all in vlite but for some unknown reason it still shows up in the lastsession.ini

Edited by dead0

OK this time i am rechecking game explorer and network explorer and just unchecked windows firewall but not ics service and ignored the warning. :unsure:

keep ics! anything relating to windows firewall, you should keep!!!

im off to bed, will try x64 2moro & post my results here

Edited by dead0

Added those two file protection entries to my preset and kept windows firewall and ics this time but removed game explorer and network explorer. Below are a list of the files that i have protected based on your input as well as Jeronimo. :yes:

windows\system32\tbs.dll

windows\system32\wer.dll

windows\system32\msdrm.dll

windows\system32\browcli.dll

windows\system32\winipsec.dll

windows\system32\werconcpl.dll

windows\system32\Magnification.dll

If there are any others please share will add them to main post then :thumbup