Need A Vista Home Premium CD/DVD.

Stoner81

Ok guys I have run out of ideas now for this so heres hoping somebody here can help....

Ok my laptop originally came with Vista Home Premium installed but due to it constantly crashing I have put XP on it instead, now what Im after is a copy of the Vista Home Premium CD/DVD but without the licence key I already have a genuine one which came with my laptop (hence this is not a warez request or violates the forum rules to my knowledge).

The reason I want this is because then I can get (I hope) a reduction on Windows 7 when its finally realeased being a genuine Vista licence owner.

I have no idea where to look for this and would like one which has not been modded via vLite (for obvious reasons!).

Heres hoping!

Thanks in advance for any and all help offered/given.

Stoner81.

Ok guys I have run out of ideas now for this so heres hoping somebody here can help....

Ok my laptop originally came with Vista Home Premium installed but due to it constantly crashing I have put XP on it instead, now what Im after is a copy of the Vista Home Premium CD/DVD but without the licence key I already have a genuine one which came with my laptop (hence this is not a warez request or violates the forum rules to my knowledge).

The reason I want this is because then I can get (I hope) a reduction on Windows 7 when its finally realeased being a genuine Vista licence owner.

I have no idea where to look for this and would like one which has not been modded via vLite (for obvious reasons!).

Heres hoping!

Thanks in advance for any and all help offered/given.

Stoner81.

First off, I'd like to first point out that whether or not you have a valid license key, the act of downloading a copy of Vista from the Internet is still considered illegal in most countries as the software itself is copyrighted and you would be obtaining it through illegal means and be making an unauthorized copy. The key you have would only most likely work with an OEM copy of Vista supplied by your laptop's manufacturer, in which case you would have to contact them to get a copy of the CD/DVD. If they refuse and you decide to go out and buy a retail copy, you may need to obtain drivers for your laptop, which in some cases, can be quite a pain. :whistle:

Ok sorry about that... so my best option would be to go through the manufacturer of my lappy (Acer in this case)?

The Vista drivers are on their site (Acer) so obtaining the driver would be easy enough I should think.

Ok sorry about that... so my best option would be to go through the manufacturer of my lappy (Acer in this case)?

The Vista drivers are on their site (Acer) so obtaining the driver would be easy enough I should think.

Yes. There's a chance they may send you the CD/DVD free of charge or just make you pay for shipping.

Acer should send you a copy of the install disk. I had to get one from Dell a few weeks ago. My computer came with a 32bit Vista disk and I wanted the 64bit (since I have a x64 processor), so I asked them to send me the x64 and they did....for free! It showed up at my door the next day. Easy and quick process.

Even though you have a valid Vista license, you have to use an Acer OEM disk to install Vista, or you won't be able to activate it. So don't try and get clever and borrow your friends retail disk or HP OEM disk.....you will just run into all sorts of problems.

Edited by broknindarkagain

• 4 weeks later...

heh, yeah ive just run into the same issue brok hinted at... used a gateway OEM disk to reinstall on my acer desktop, worked fine for a month or so but now mcrosoft has come knocking. all the hype about making vista easier to use than xp is really making me laugh right now, cause ive had nothing but problems since ive had vista (it wasnt my choice, it came default). oh the irony

Edit: the driver problem ive actually found a good solution to, if you search up a program called "Driver Detective" and get a registered copy (pay and register online etc) it scans and detects what devices have drivers, and if they dont it gives an automatic download for the newest drivers for the device model. PLUS! it displays it all in a nice pie chart! double bonus =D

i actually found this cause my OEM disk i used on both machines now hasnt had drivers for the components anyway.... go team retard -.-

Edited by Cynincomic

• 10 months later...