[MUST READ] Slipstreaming SP2 into Windows Vista w/ SP1

gamehead200

Please note that the latest version of vLite is UNABLE to integrate Service Pack 2 (SP2) into an existing Windows Vista with SP1 ISO image at the moment. To obtain a Windows Vista ISO with SP2 already integrated, you have two choices:

• Download the ISO image from your MSDN or TechNet account (if you have one)
  • Use the reverse integration method to slipstream SP2 into an existing image of Windows Vista w/ SP1

Several guides to reverse integrate SPs can be found here1, here2, and here3. These guides can be used to integrate SP2 and should be valid when integrating any future service packs as well.

If you encounter any difficulties following the above-mentioned guides, please reply to this thread and more experienced members will try to help you.

1, 2, 3 Please note that the above-mentioned guides are being supplied "as is". MSFN assumes no liability for damages, direct or consequential,

which may result from the use of said guides.

I have a non SP1 DVD. Is there any way to make a SP2 dvd with it? I thinking of any way to first slipstream sp1 and then sp2 or something? Is it even possible?
Use vLite to slipstream SP1, then use the reverse integration method to slipstream SP2. Edited by gamehead200
Typo

• 4 weeks later...

I got vlite 1.2, and can't find Slipstream checkbox in the Tasks page. WHERE IS IT????

vlite12.th.jpg

Select the Slipstream checkbox in the Tasks page, this will disable all other pages just to show you that it must be done before any other operation.

Go to the Slipstream page, Select the Service Pack exe with the Select button, this will start the process and after it is done the GUI will be reenabled.

Now you can Rebuild the image to have only the one you selected on Browse and it will be a lot smaller. So in the Tasks page this time select the tasks you want, do not select Slipstream if it was already done, for example select Unattended and Make ISO.

After going throught the settings of the enabled pages press the Apply button.

Choose Rebuild One, after it is done go to the ISO page and create ISO ready for testing or burning.

So in conclusion, first the Slipstream and then Apply any changes, do not Apply before the Slipstream nor be worried that the GUI is disabled while Slipstream page is enabled, you can configure other options after the Slipstream.

Source

Edited by Wolfin2010

I'm not talking about the post of gamehead200.

I'm responding to what's on vLite site. http://www.vlite.net/help/slipstream.html

vLite should remove it. It's false advertisement.

It's not false advertisement. vLite is completely capable of slipstreaming SP1, just not SP2 at the moment because there hasn't been an update since September 2008. Search or browse the forums for more info.

vLite is completely capable of slipstreaming SP1, just not SP2 at the moment

you know something and are not telling gamehead??? :whistle:

:lol: No, I don't know anything. :rolleyes: I'm just hoping (like the rest of you) that nuhi makes a comeback one day, whether it be for nLite, vLite, or a similar utility for Windows 7. :)

• 2 weeks later...
vLite is completely capable of slipstreaming SP1, just not SP2 at the moment

you know something and are not telling gamehead??? :whistle:

:lol: No, I don't know anything. :rolleyes: I'm just hoping (like the rest of you) that nuhi makes a comeback one day, whether it be for nLite, vLite, or a similar utility for Windows 7. :)

Try this:~

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/230249-s...-vista-sp2.html

:whistle: