[MUST READ] Slipstreaming SP2 into Windows Vista w/ SP1

gamehead200

It takes about 180 mins!!!! yikes!!!! :realmad::blink::wacko: the purpose of slipstreaming is to make it easy to do so not a 12 step process requiring you to jump through flaming hoops acting like a poodle at a dog show. surely somebody is working on this tool and will release it soon

the tool is already out, but it's not recommend, because Slipstreaming the Sp2 ONLY works if you have a Original MS DVD with Sp1 included!

If you slipstream the Sp1 into a RTM and next Sp2 into the Image you will kill the Image. If you install it, the installation will fail! This is a limitation of the servicing stack and that's the cause why MSFT disabled the slipstreaming option in Windows Vista / Windows 7.

the tool is already out, but it's not recommend, because Slipstreaming the Sp2 ONLY works if you have a Original MS DVD with Sp1 included!

If you slipstream the Sp1 into a RTM and next Sp2 into the Image you will kill the Image. If you install it, the installation will fail! This is a limitation of the servicing stack and that's the cause why MSFT disabled the slipstreaming option in Windows Vista / Windows 7.

and where would i be able to download this tool from?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

I'm trying to follow the first integration method (here1). I started the install to a fresh hard drive. I downloaded and installed WAIK on another Vista installation. (I wasn't asking for nor recommending downloading individual components of WAIK) but got stuck on:

imagex /compress maximum /flags "HomePremium" /capture f: c:\install.wim "Windows Vista Home Premium" f: is the new drive with the install.wim I'm trying to copy.

imagex is not recognizedd as an internal or external command.

I have a Windows AIK folder but using search I can't find an imagex or ImageX or whatever. I went through explorer and attempted to find it that way but no luck. I've been googling but no one else seems to reference this problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

Operator Failure! I hate that. I was going directly to Run-->cmd and trying to use imagex from there. When I went to Start-->All Programs-->Windows AIK it offered me a command prompt option and then wrote the appropriate files. I've completed the image and now just have to figure out how to use it with vLite to give me the stripped version of Vista with SP2 that I wanted. Thanks.

T

• 1 month later...