"DLL Could Not Be Found" Error

dexterdoo

After booting I receive, mxgthmms.dll could not be found. I've searched for this dll, could not find a clue and have not idea what program it is associated with. I ran RegCure to clean the registry but the error still appears. There has to be some way to stop this message from appearing. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks ! :}

Windows is giving you the error. A startup program or registry entry is in place that tries to use that file but it can't be found. Since searching for this file on google makes zero results, its possible for it to be a random generated filename. Conflicker, for example, would make random DLL names so it would be difficult to find it on the system. Disable all statup programs with Ccleaner or msconfig and reboot and see if it comes back.

Ok, I disabled all startup items and the error did not come back! I noticed in the startup that mxgthmms.dll was there. Under "Command" it said Rundll32.exe C:\Windows\Sys........

So now, here's my question. If I uncheck that item in the startup tab, the dll error goes away but I'm running in the "Selective Startup" mode. How can I get rid of that item and return to running in the Normal Startup mode?

I was able to get everything cleaned up with a program called Speed Startup. The computer starts up in the Normal Mode and the item was removed. Thanks for all your help ! Now, on to my next question.