Powerpacker Useage instructions

Hi all,

Fantastic forums and software solutions. :thumbup

I am struggling here to try and learn how to use this to slipstream drivers onto a new cd image of Windows XP.

My big problem is with the design of a base image of Windows XP Prof. with a VLK sliptreamed. I want to use NLITE to produce my base XP CD with slipstreamed SATA controller driver, and numerous hotfixes, tweaks etc. But I' horribly confused as I originally also used Powerpacker to incorporate

the generic set of driverpacks for our HP machines. How I did this I have no idea - was 3 months ago.

My reason for posting here was to try and locate the instructional guide for the use of Powerpacker. All I keep finding is the, incomplete, online manual that tells me very little about how to use the various features.

The question is this, does such an all-in-one manual exist for Powerpacker? If it does I cannot locate it. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Also can someone tell me what do I do first - build an image using Nlite then powerpack the drivers or reverse?

Thanks,

signed;

Horriblyconfused! :wacko:

Edited by chartphred

I am struggling here to try and produce an SOE for my departments computing environment with minimal support (from within) and little in the way of time and significant utilities.

My big problem is with the design of a base image of Windows XP Prof. with a VLK sliptreamed. I want to use NLITE to produce my base XP CD with slipstreamed SATA controller driver, and numerous hotfixes, tweaks etc.

You do realize nLite is for personal, non-commercial use, right?
LICENSE AGREEMENT:

Your use of nLite is governed by the following conditions. Please read this information carefully before using nLite. By using it you are agreeing to the following conditions:

1. nLite is freeware and can be freely used for any personal non-commercial purposes, subject to the following restrictions.

2. nLite can only be distributed electronically through the official host www.nliteos.com.

3. nLite is supplied "as-is". The author assumes no liability for damages, direct or consequential, which may result from the use of nLite.

4. Import Restrictions. International users also check any import restrictions that your government may impose. Reread eula.txt in your Windows\System32 folder.

5. nLite is free for personal use only, you cannot use it for any company or business purposes at this time.

6. MCDBNET2.dll is registered on me (the nLite author) with the royalty-free license and can be distributed only bundled with nLite.

7. nLite is a copyrighted material of Dino Nuhagic aka nuhi. You may not decompile, disassemble or otherwise reverse engineer this product. You may not include the parts of nLite in your software without the author's permission. You may not alter or modify nLite in any way or create a new installer for it.

Actually no, I had no idea.

Well I gues that totally stuffs my rollout!

My boss would even pay for a few blank DVDs much less a program that does what Nlite does.

Can it be purchased for use commercially?

Whats the alternative?

Actually no, I had no idea.

Well I gues that totally stuffs my rollout!

My boss would even pay for a few blank DVDs much less a program that does what Nlite does.

Can it be purchased for use commercially?

Whats the alternative?

Unfortunately, it can't be purchased for commercial use at this time. The alternative is, well, doing everything manually or using some of the other member contributed projects (if any) which *might* not have restrictions similar to nLite's (though, I can't really think of any off the top of my head). http://unattended.msfn.org might be able to help you out with some of the stuff you might have to do.

• 6 months later...

Sorry for the late response.

I haven't checked this forum in a while. :(

You can use my other program RVM Integrator to do a lot of what you need. I don't care if it is used in a corp environment. I just hope you'd donate:

http://Support.SiginetSoftware.com

What I usually do is use RVM Integrator.

Then you use PowerPacker One by One till you have added all of your OSes. Using the DriverPacks BASE from www.DriverPacks.net

Then you compile your iso with PowerPacker.

Sorry I have never finished the manual and got too busy to finish PowerPacker to it's full potential.

But I do plan on updating it when I have more time. ;)

Edited by Siginet