What's the most user friendly burning app?

1boredguy

Hi,

If the people are using operating systems Windows XP or above, the simplest way to burn CDs is to right click and from the contect menu, click on Send To. From the Cascading Menu, you can select the CD Drive (it will be reflected by the icon of a CD Drive). Once this is done, you will get a balloon at the system tray saying that the files are ready to be burnt. Clicking on that balloon will open up the Window related to the CD Drive. It will show the images of files that are ready to be burnt to the CD. On the left hand side of the Window, you can find a link that says "Burn These Files Now". As you click on the link, a Wizard will appear that will ask you to insert a blank CD and also for the CD name. Rest of the process is completed automatically burnt by the Windows Wizard.

This is the best method when you are speaking of files of any kind that can viewed back on computer only. This process will not create any Audio CD, VCD, or DVD that can be played in a CD/DVD player, except for a collection of MP3 songs. Hope this helps.

--

Best Regards,

Arun Kumar M.

Signed: Thursday, June 04, 2009, 2:55:44 PM IST

I think that Nero is the easiest to use. All the crazy complicated settings are hidden from the user. IMO the Himat burner is OK but sometimes it can get confusing. Especially since XP likes to randomly change the path displayed from your CD drive letter to the temporary folder path in your user profile.

I think that Nero is the easiest to use. All the crazy complicated settings are hidden from the user.

I do not know the version you are speaking about. I have 6.6.1.1 that I use only when need arises to create a video CD or DVD. Considering more than 10 years of only computers, I still find it very hard to use the program... especially when creating a multisession data disc! Most of the times, it finalizes the disc even if I create a multisession. Sometimes, it wont show the existing files... :realmad:

For all my CD writing purposes, I use the Windows Wizard explained above as you can finalize/close the CD or keep your options open to add more data later.

Even i would like to know about a CD/DVD burn program thats more easier to handle. :angel

--

Best Regards,

Arun Kumar M.

Signed: Thursday, June 04, 2009, 9:17:39 PM IST

Nero 6.6 is good but its Shareware and i hate shareware :-)

Infrarecorder is pretty good plus free :-) :D

imgburn-is also good but infrarecorders interface is better

I use Nero 8.3.2.2. I wouldn't think that multisession discs are something most people deal with. Consider the OP's requirements.

I am sorry but could not comprehend the last sentence. Can you please expand the abbr OP?

--

Best Regards,

Arun Kumar M.

Signed: Friday, June 05, 2009, 12:05:23 PM IST

I use Nero 8.3.2.2. I wouldn't think that multisession discs are something most people deal with. Consider the OP's requirements.

I am sorry but could not comprehend the last sentence. Can you please expand the abbr OP?

--

Best Regards,

Arun Kumar M.

Signed: Friday, June 05, 2009, 12:05:23 PM IST

Original Poster. He is looking for software for older people to burn CDs. Likely these people aren't computer literate, so something that isn't very complicated to use, or has too many options you can select would be the best recommendation.

I'd been using Nero for several years (since I know what was "burning") BUT was never satisfied with it - toooo complicated/reiterated interface to do a small job :)

Then I tried ImgBurn and continue using it for almost 3 consequent years for now. I highly recommend it - it's free, very small (~1.5Mb) but very user-friendly and useful - does the same as Nero, if you want. Plus easily allows for creation of bootable CD/DVD to create unattended Windows installation disks, for instance.

Hope this helps!