Service Pack 2 for Office 2007

kingsc

Hi all, been a while.

We're starting to experience some strange issues. One of which I know is related to SP2, at least partly. Another, I'm not sure.

I had a user who, in Outlook 2007, her view would somehow get modified to only show the size and date in the current view section. Upop resetting default values, it fixed her problem. However, upon restarting Outlook, the problem would return.

After some digging, I looked in event viewer and Office SP2 was installed on the same day she started having the problem. I uninstalled SP2 for Office and the problem was fixed. Reinstalled and it came back. I've uninstalled and left it off to monitor results.

The other issue, which we've had happen with 2 or 3 different people now is their .ost gets rebuilt for no reason. The one person I checked does have SP2 installed.

Now there are some additional factors here:

1. The person with the first problem had a mailbox size of over 6gigs. It's been that way for a while now though and the problem didn't start till SP2 was installed, but maybe the combination of the two could be at fault?

2. There is an Outlook Add-in installed for a program used by the sales group to keep notes. However, I've disabled all add-ins for the person with the first problem, no effect. No effect starting in safe mode either.

3. I have SP2 but no problems so far. However, I maintain my mailbox and don't have the previously mentioned Add-in.

Anyone else experiencing issues with this SP?

Edited by kingsc

The re-setting up of someone's email has happened again. And yet again, they have the service pack installed.

No one has any input? No one else is experiencing any issues?

Nope, I haven't experienced any of those issues; everything's hunky dory with us. Sorry. :}

Thank you for the info. :)

How many users are you dealing with? What version of Outlook and Exchange Server are you using? Are you using any add-ons in Outlook?

Got about 500 users upgraded now, and the only problem is the ost getting rebuilt after SP2, but apparently that's expected behavior. Not noticing any of the other problems you have, so I'm starting to wonder if you don't have a COM add-in installed on some of the machines having the issues that may not be compatible with the SP2 codebase?

• 2 weeks later...
Got about 500 users upgraded now, and the only problem is the ost getting rebuilt after SP2, but apparently that's expected behavior. Not noticing any of the other problems you have, so I'm starting to wonder if you don't have a COM add-in installed on some of the machines having the issues that may not be compatible with the SP2 codebase?

That's what I'm thinking. Because I have Office SP2 and I have no issues.

Only one add-in is included in our image(IIRC), and that's for a program called SendOuts. I've contacted the guy on our side who administers that and he says he's contacted the company and they are unaware of any incompatibility issues.... the other problem with the hosed view is only with people having SP2 and the add-in. Even if the add-in is disabled it doesn't resolve the issue though.

It's actually a very minor issue and quick fix, but the problem comes back upon re-starting Outlook. It messes with the view settings removing several "Fields", and thus causing the "hosed" view in Outlook.

Edited by kingsc

• 2 weeks later...

Update....

So I've found another user with the same problem, and I just set up his computer so it's not SP2...

It's intermittent when it happens and it happens to random folders..

I'm at a complete loss. :((((((

• 2 weeks later...

I barely noticed it at all after letting it through the WSUS. I had to calle because people were concerned about the 'setting up outlook for first use' message but didnt even associate those calls with SP2 until i had done my own desktop.