Small nit on Fred's website

PMikeP

Hello Fred:

I emailed this to you a while ago but see it didn't make it in your May 28 update to the Total SlipStream wesbite. So maybe I don't know what I'm talking about?

In Step 1 you say:

---------------

Copy the i386 directory from the Windows 2000 CD to D:\HFSLIP\SOURCE

Copy CDROM_IP.5, CDROM_NT.5, and CDROMSP4.TST from the Windows 2000 CD to D:\HFSLIP\SOURCE

---------------

But the SP4.TST file will only be present if you have an Original Win2K CD with SP4 built in. (Is there such an animal?) If one is copying an OEM W2K CD with no Service Pack, as Step 1 implies (since Step 2 is to slipstream SP4), there will be no CDROMSP4.TST file yet.

Likewise, the graphic in Step 8 would need correction.

A small nit, but a newbie might spend a lot of time headscratching trying to find the "missing" file.

Hope this helps.

Mike <><

Yes, msft has made an integrated sp4 iso of win2k for e.g. msdn/technet subscribers and volumelicense custommers(the volume label for the english version is ZRMPFPP_EN).

Also, FDV's site states that an unintegrated win2k source(sp0) is needed, but an integrated sp4 source can also be used. Additionally, the uniata section, should be changed to optional again now, as no filecopy errors occure now without it(commented out from txtsetup.sif/layout.inf)...

Edited by Martin H