Differences between Office 2003 and 2007?

Right now I'm taking a course, and I have to learn the entire Office 2003 Software package. The only problem is, I dont think they sell Office 2003 anymore. I decided that in order to get more familiar with the software I'll have to buy a PC and Office 2003. I dont see Office 2003 anywere (Just Office 2007), In fact the computer I was looking at had a copy of Office 2007 on it.

I was just wondering, are Office 2003 and 2007 similar enough that I can learn what I need to know? I mean, does 2007 lack features that 2003 has? (Sort of like 2003 lacks ones that 2000 had and vice versa.) Or are the features of the two, the same but labeled differently (or is it pretty much, consistent)

There is a HUGE difference.... Between 2003 and 2007 lots of people got lost for a long while in the new interface and that damned orb.

Here however is an ebay link to LOADS of Office 2003 sets for you to buy.

http://shop.ebay.com/items/_W0QQ_nkwZoffic...fromZR40QQ_mdoZ

I see some @ 60 bucks.

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

While some say there's a huge difference, I say it's all the same man. It's all the same.

The ONLY difference is how the controls are organized. In 2003, they are in menus. In 2007, they are in the ribbon. Otherwise, it's all the same.

There may be a few under-the-hood improvements but hardly discernible.

The MAJOR difference, however, is 2007 has native open XML support, whereas 2003 needs compatibility pack to be installed. Nevertheless, 2007 can save in the old format.

find old tool

office2003.jpg

see new location

office2007.jpg

When you click the link below, the interactive guide will start. Once you're there, rest the mouse pointer over an Excel, word, powerpoint, outlook 2003 menu or button to learn its new location in office 2007. To see an animation of the location of the command or button in office 2007, just click it. http://www.9link.org/2007/

Edited by arialz