web cam has strange sound in msn

starcraftmaster

hey guys i got a logitech quick cam web

if uesd to work fine untill now i tried to talk to some one in msn with vido

when talking the person on the other side will come out of my speaker really strange and weird like bigs bang sounds and some one breathing mega hard and all these retarded sounds

when i use a head set and tell it to record it works fine

so theirs some thing wrong with the web cam recording thing

i tried reinstalling drivers and theirs no new ones

now your thinking its probloy stuffed cam but when using windows sound recorder and i record sound and save and then play it , it sounds fine

when talking, the person on the other side will come out of my speaker really strange and weird like bigs bang sounds and some one breathing mega hard and all these retarded sounds...

Are you performing a nude or partially nude strip show...?

That might explain all the heavy breathing and strange sounds...

or not...

hey guys i got a logitech quick cam web

if uesd to work fine untill now i tried to talk to some one in msn with vido

when talking the person on the other side will come out of my speaker really strange and weird like bigs bang sounds and some one breathing mega hard and all these retarded sounds

when i use a head set and tell it to record it works fine

so theirs some thing wrong with the web cam recording thing

i tried reinstalling drivers and theirs no new ones

now your thinking its probloy stuffed cam but when using windows sound recorder and i record sound and save and then play it , it sounds fine

Okay, that's a little bit strange. Are you sure this isnt a computer problem, but the person on the other side is making banging noises or is breathing heavily? Have you tried trying it with other people?(and seeing if you hear those strange sounds there too)

And if so, are you sure whether not your computer has malware on it? A very long time ago I had malware on my machine that made my computer make weird CB radio sounds. Sounded like really weird giberish. Those things disapeared when the hard drive was formated and Windows 98 was reinstalled.

The webcam might be bad. There might be problems with the web cam itself, the USB cable might be screwed and bleeding signals off to the mic. You could try plugging the web cam into another USB port to try to isolate it from where the mic is plugged in.

Anyways, I am at a loss to help you with your problem. I am half thinking this is a joke. But I've herd of things this weird, so I thought maybe it is real. MSN is pretty prone to get infected with viruses.

am not sure its just this strange sound

whatever420:

Are you performing a nude or partially nude strip show...?

That might explain all the heavy breathing and strange sounds...

lol no

and yes i have tried it with different people

yer am gussing the mic on the web cam is dead

and clueless_furball its a mic and webcam in one thing

so i cant put them apart lol

and i have scanned for melware

so i dont know i guess i just get a new one

Edited by starcraftmaster

• Make sure the driver you installed for the camera is exactly for your model

• Does the camera have separate jack for the microphone? It usually does. If so, plug it out and check if it still sounds weird.

•• If the noises stop, get a separate microphone and plug it in, see if the noises reappear - if so, it's not the camera but the driver/settings; check the sound panel advanced options for 'Microphone boost' and if enabled, disable it.

• Does the camera have a 'mute' switch somewhere? Try switching it on and off a few times.

• Check the camera settings panel for any extra features; some cameras have video effects like frame, zoom, etc - this one may also have sound effects and they may be enabled

One last thing I almost overlooked: since you say it used to work fine until now, is it possible that you installed some application that does voice alteration or maybe a plug-in/patch for the MSN Messenger? If so, check any such application/plug-in/patch's settings, see if any of them can produce such effects and disable them.

You could also try opening up the device manager and seeing if there are any conflicts. It seems that there is something wrong with the hardware of the mic portion of your webcam.

You could try disabling the mic device in the device manager and then hooking up a separate mic to your sound card and steering your sound settings to accept input from the mic port on your sound card(You can get to these by double clicking the speaker icon in the notification area and then following the menus in there).

This just may clear up the strange sounds.