Issue with HFGUIRUNONCE

wela

:hello:

There is a issue in latest hfslip. Files in HFGUIRUNONCE are not copied to SOURCESS after hfslip finished, so after first logon a error message is shown.

hfslip.log is attached.

HFSLIP.ZIP

Edited by wela

WindowsXP-KB942288-v3-x86.exe should go into the HF folder, but you have it in HFGUIRUNONCE. To ensure the Windows Installer service installs correctly, a regfile needs to go into HFGUIRUNONCE (it's posted somewhere on this board).

Edited by Muppet Hunter

Hi

I think, thats not the problem.

Former Versions of hfslip didn´t show this issue.

I copied the file into "sourcess\svcpack", all fine :)

So, i think theres a little mistake in the code of the latest beta.

Very strange, that part of the code hasn't changed in sometime, unless it's a fluke when IE8 was introduced (there were plenty of other not so nice codechanges when someone contributed a few months back).

The hfguirunonce files should be copied to the sourcess\i386 folder. To eliminate non 8.3 filenaming file copy issues, the files are renamed with a HFGUI prefix and number suffix. The copied files aren't in the svcpack folder. Simply placing the HFGUIRUNONCE to the sourcess\i386\svcpack folder will not fix this issue. Are you sure that the renamed files aren't in i386? Can you confirm the problem is HFGUIRUNONCE or the HFSVCPACK_SW1/2?

:) Hi

Its the file in HFGUIRUNONCE.

Using the latest beta, the file is missed at first logon, the .inf and .cmd for the file are in i386.

I found a older CD with XPSP3, builded by 1.7.9_beta_d, build 81223 and the HFGUIRUNONCE-file is in i386\SVCPACK and it installed without any issue.

Since i´ve found the Installer 4.5, i use this way to install it.

Strange :huh:

Edited by wela

WindowsXP-KB942288-v3-x86.exe can take /quiet /norestart switch. Have u try running via HFGUIRUNONCE with

WindowsXP-KB942288-v3-x86.exe /quiet /norestart switch? It might work.

WindowsXP-KB942288-v3-x86.exe can take /quiet /norestart switch.
:huh:

Thats not the Prob.

The Problem is: After hfslip finished the job, the file, located in HFGUIRUNONCE, is not in "SOURCESS\i386\SVCPACK". Only the .inf and the .cmd file are in "i386". So, after installation with a CD build from this folder i get a "missing file" message.

I copy the file from "x\HFGUIRUNONCE" to "SOURCESS\i386\SVCPACK and all work fine.

So, that was my question, is there a mistake in hfslip code!?

tommyp said no, there are no changes to this section.

OK. I think that my Problem is another secret in the wide MS-World. ;)

The Problem is: After hfslip finished the job, the file, located in HFGUIRUNONCE, is not in "SOURCESS\i386\SVCPACK". Only the .inf and the .cmd file are in "i386". So, after installation with a CD build from this folder i get a "missing file" message.

I copy the file from "x\HFGUIRUNONCE" to "SOURCESS\i386\SVCPACK and all work fine.

HFSLIP always copies files in 'HFGUIRUNONCE' to 'SOURCESS\I386', renames them to HFGUI(n).ext, and defines them in txtsetup.sif/dosnet.inf to be copied to '%windir%\HFSLIP' and installed from there...

Only files from HFSVCPACK[_SW1/2] are copied to 'SOURCESS\I386\svcpack' and installed from there!

Please try again, and make sure that you follow the instructions on the hfslip homesite to the letter!

Thanks...

Btw, if the .exe's you're using, are 7z-sfx-installers, made with Oleg_Sch's modified 7z-installer-module, then the error from Windows during txtmode stage, is because you need to run modifyPE.exe on the files first, to fix the headers...

Edited by Martin H

HFSLIP always copies files in 'HFGUIRUNONCE' to 'SOURCESS\I386', renames them to HFGUI(n).ext, and defines them in txtsetup.sif/dosnet.inf to be copied to '%windir%\HFSLIP' and installed from there...

Only files from HFSVCPACK[_SW1/2] are copied to 'SOURCESS\I386\svcpack' and installed from there!

Please try again, and make sure that you follow the instructions on the hfslip homesite to the letter!

Hmm.... I use hfslip more then 2 years.

I´ve found two CDs, builded with former versions of Hfslip (i described above) and on each CD the 942288 file is located in "i386\SVCPACK" and each CD install after first logon the file.

Only the latest beta did not copy the file, only the related .inf and .cmd is builded in "Sourcess\i386", this is tested with different versions of XPSP3, each for a PC here in our home.

I think this discussion becomes useless. I copy the file manually and all is fine.

Thanks.

Hmm.... I use hfslip more then 2 years.[...]

...And still you claim that earlier versions of hfslip would copy HFGUIRUNONCE files into 'SOURCESS\I386\svcpack', which never have been true...

If what you're saying is correct, then yes, there's a bug in the beta, but still, my point was just to clarify on the above for you...

No disrespect meant whatsoever! :)

Edited by Martin H

Hi

I found the "bug", its made by myself, cause i changed the location of "documents and settings".

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

FYI, i added a .jpg of the feb_09 CD, only Problem: the hfslip.log is deleted in CD-root.

post-74361-1244458712_thumb.jpg

Edited by wela