NTFS problem with directory

PnP

I download from ftp one demo of "kayaka extreme"... Start for say that i have windows xp professional and my hard-disk is NTFS.

Il problema sta nel fatto che la directory che mi ha creato si The problem is that directory that create the name is

" kayaka extreme " write this with space...

I would delete it but there is an errore when i try it

"cannot delete file. Cannot read from the source file or disk"

How do delete it?

Help me please.....

I have had this problem as well...im not quite sure as to why it occurs, but i have noticed that if you go into the directory in windows explorer and delete the files and floders on an individual basis, you wil not get the read only protection error.

I hope i read your problem corectly, it seemed to have a bit of spanich in it but i think i got the question right.

-Drew

Like i said browse your way to the directory, " kayaka extreme ". look inside the folder and see the contents, then one by one delete each file and folder, if you find that one file gives you the error, just go to the next until you have delteted all but the one that gave you the error. The try to delete the final file.

I know this isnt a very technical way of soving things, but i have found this to work in situations simialar to this.

-Drew

follow Micropocalypse instructions

and if it is a hidden file that you cannot delete, check its properties as there are some files that cannot be deleted by using the Win32 tool. Files such as .con or .nul cannot be removed by simply deleting them and will report an error when you attempt to. The solution is to not use win32 tools, you can remove them by either using a reskit or by simply renaming the culprite file which you can then delete