[Help]How to force return to original XP DLLs?

ukyoi

Dear everyone,

Thank you for viewing my post.

I'm a Chinese and I tried XPize 5.0 beta several days ago. But I found that my anti virus software(AVIRA) and Photoshop CS3 can't work stably, so I want to uninstall XPize5.0. The problem is the System Restore is disabled in my computer so that I can't find the original DLLs.

I looked for the solution, but I can't find it because I'm not good at English.

Can you tell me if there is a way to force return to original XP DLLs?

Thanks again.

Ukyoi

Edited by ukyoi

Dear everyone,

I'm a Chinese and I tried XPize 5.0 beta several days ago. But I found that my anti virus software(AVIRA) and Photoshop CS3 can't work stably, so I want to uninstall XPize5.0. The problem is the System Restore is disabled in my computer so that I can't find the original DLLs.

Thanks again.

I'm afraid you'll have to reinstall Windows if you want to get your system back.

To avoid the problem from happening in future though, what issues were you experiencing with AVIRA and Photoshop?

Thanks for your reply.

There are two accounts in my OS. My AVIRA Antivir occupy 100% CPU resources in one account but the other is fine.

When I moved the layers in Photoshop CS3 it stopped answer.

I had not encountered this problem before I install XPize 5.0beta.

Dear everyone,

Thanks again.

I'm afraid you'll have to reinstall Windows if you want to get your system back.

To avoid the problem from happening in future though, what issues were you experiencing with AVIRA and Photoshop?

Hi. I am also facing similar problem after installing Xpize 5 Beta 2 on my xp pro sp3 machine. The message i get is:

The system DLL user32.dll was relocated in memory. The application will not

> run properly. The relocation occured because the DLL

> C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHELL32.dll occupied an address range reserved for

> Windows system DLLs. The vendor supplying the DLL should be contacted for a

> new DLL.

I started having this problem immediately after installing xpize 5 b2. the problem comes up when trying to use vlc player, chrome installer, etc.

Is there any quickfix shell32.dll available for download which i can use to replace the shell32.dll that i have now?

I have googled a lot for the solution but in vain.

Thanx.

That error is becuase the shell32.dll must have reached beyond the 20megs size limitation.

Hmm, this is interesting. I assume ullusingh has an Indian-language version of Windows. Can anyone else repro the problem?

I can modify the software so it doesn't add 128x128 icons (which is the real space-taker) if it's a language version of shell32.dll that might go over this limit.