Getting outlook to recognize the user during initial login....

Tech13

Hello you guys;

I have outlook 2007 installed on a windows 2008 terminal server. I am trying to configure it so that it recognizes the users profile information at the first logon. I want to make it so it will recognize the logged in user immediately. I want to eliminate the outlook setup process for end users, Any suggestions?

Edited by Tech13

Are you trying to get Outlook to be pre-configured to connect to a particular exchange server with the local Windows account as the user on the exchange server?

I have accomplished such a thing with Exchange on Windows 2003 and XP workstations running Office 2003.

I don't remember the exact name, but MS makes a utility to configure the Office source so Outlook (and I think other options such as everything on hard drive instead of install at first run, etc.) the way you want it. It creates MST file(s) and other configuration items.

I hope they did it for Office 2007.

What we want to accomplish is upon the first logon of any user outlook automatically recognizes the users name and exchange data on the terminal server. Eliminating a user having to reconfigure their outlook once they log into the terminal server for the first time.