Vista x64 SP2 Slipstream

agnivo007

Hi,

Now that Vista SP2 is officially out and with the standalone file in hand, I decided to make a slipstreamed DVD.

But when I opened up vLite, I couldn't find the "slipstream" option in tasks! There's no existence of it. (see screenshots)

Source: Vista x64 SP1 DVD

VLite 1.2 final

Can anyone help understand what's wrong?

Thanks

1058bcm.jpg

2qjw2tw.jpg

Ive been redirected to here to slipstream SP2 and hclarkjr says it cant be done. Any alternative or workaround for this?

You weren't redirected here. You were linked to this topic merely as an example of ONE of the topics discussing or mentioning slipstreaming SP2. Either way, from what I understand here, you have to use the reverse integration method, installing Vista w/ SP1 integrated first and then following the rest of the instructions on that page. Next time, be sure to search or thoroughly look through the forum (as you were asked to do) to find the answer to your question(s).

Ive been redirected to here to slipstream SP2 and hclarkjr says it cant be done. Any alternative or workaround for this?

Yes it cant be done via slipstream/vlite

Only 2 options are available:

*Reverse Integration

*MSDN Full Vista ISO with SP2 integrated

I downloaded the Vista Ultimate x64 w/ SP2 ISO from my Technet account. Is the current version of vLite fully compatible / usable w/ this ISO?
Since this topic doesn't actually deal with using vLite to shrink Vista (or using any of its other features), I'm going to redirect you to this thread.