Disable taskbar thumbnails in 7RC?

midnight rambler

I have bean seaching for a way to disable the taskbar thumbnail previews which is the only thing I don't really like about seven. For some reason the option to disable this feature was removed in the RC which is absurd. There is a hack to change the mouse hover time but it's not perfect, so there must be way to disable this; maybe with somthing like the vb scripts used to change the visual effects setparameters method which is beyond me but could do it and might suppress the thumbnails from popping up which gets to be annoying after a while.

I have bean seaching for a way to disable the taskbar thumbnail previews which is the only thing I don't really like about seven. For some reason the option to disable this feature was removed in the RC which is absurd. There is a hack to change the mouse hover time but it's not perfect, so there must be way to disable this; maybe with somthing like the vb scripts used to change the visual effects setparameters method which is beyond me but could do it and might suppress the thumbnails from popping up which gets to be annoying after a while.

There are only two solutions I can think of:

1. Disable "Aero"...then it shows text about the program instead of a thumbnail

2. Or, subscribe to TechNet via: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums...ategory/w7itpro and report that you'd like to see this functionality added back. The MVPs on there really do listen and it could change.

Good luck Bro... :hello: