framework 3.5 sp1 family update x64

peppino

hi all,

with nlite i've tried in /passive /norestart mode to integrate with nlite these 3 upgrade http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...7f-aa688879b1dc

they install without problems but when windows finish the setup and i do wiindows update, the update of framework 3.5 sp1 family is always present!!!

can help me please ??

thank you

How did you integrate them? Did you run them through a batch file after the installation of .NET 3.5 SP1? Did you restart the computer after you installed them and then checked for Windows updates?

There is another update: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en Are you sure you have both of them?

Edited by Sp0iLedBrAt

first i've tried to install the 3 files of the framework 3.5 update with runonceex method and it's all right.

...after i've tried directly to integrate with nlite-addon meker and nlite.....

i followed all the installation....and the 3 files to upgrade framework 3.5 sp1 are successfully installed.....but at the and of installation windows update say me that the upgrade is not installed

why with runonceex method it's ok and with the integration directly with nlite no ??

Edited by peppino

If you integrate the updates through nLite, and then install the main package (.NET 3.5 SP1 x64) through runonce, my guess it will overwrite the files with an older version, so they will show up on windows update. So run once is the best method for you, but follow the order, first the main package, then the updates. Restart, go to Windowsupdate website and you should be fine.

but the net3.5sp1 is the last update and so i integrate it last.

i've integrate first the main package and then sp1 update, all correct.

why do no work ?

i've controlled also reg and it's all right.....!!

peppino, I don't understand exactly what you have done and what does and does not work. .Net Framework and its updates cannot be integrated directly using nLite. Please see this great tutorial concerning this and much more. If you have more questions, please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini. Make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Please report when you have a solution, so others can benefit. Enjoy, John.

Hi Peppino, I think I face the same problem and probably know how solve it. That “framework 3.5 sp1 family” -file contains 5 framework-files which you need download. With them you also need 3 more framework-files at least with X86.

You can find the big “file” consist those 5 files at http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Home.aspx. Depending your os try to find correct file for you, but in might be as “Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update (KB951847) x64”, use search key “KB951847”. It downloads folder including all those 5 files.

After that I can tell how you should do with X86, but it might also work with X64. Those 3 more files are some kind of hot fixes. You can find them at Microsoft Download Center http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/default.aspx , use search key “Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update for Windows XP x64, and Windows Server 2003 x64”. it leads you to download all those 3 file.

With nLite I used runonce in unattended, using bat file like

Addon.bat with command lines as (note: I have rename those 5 first file by cutting long ends off)

------------------------------------------

@ECHO OFF

ECHO off

start /wait %source%\RunOnce\Updates\X86_IA64_AMD64-all-ndp20sp2-kb958481-x86.exe /q /norestart

ECHO off

start /wait %source%\RunOnce\Updates\X86_IA64_AMD64-all-ndp30sp2-kb958483-x86.exe /q /norestart

ECHO off

start /wait %source%\RunOnce\Updates\X86_IA64_AMD64-all-dotnetfx35.exe /q /norestart

ECHO off

start /wait %source%\RunOnce\Updates\X86-fi-dotnetfx35langpack_x86fi.exe /q /norestart

ECHO off

start /wait %source%\RunOnce\Updates\X86_IA64_AMD64-all-ndp35sp1-kb958484-x86.exe /q /norestart

ECHO off

start /wait %source%\RunOnce\Updates\NDP20SP2-KB958481-x86.exe /q /norestart

ECHO off

start /wait %source%\RunOnce\Updates\NDP30SP2-KB958483-x86.exe /q /norestart

ECHO off

start /wait %source%\RunOnce\Updates\NDP35SP1-KB958484-x86.exe /q /norestart

Exit

------------------------------

Those Runonce and Updates are just folders I add to Windows istallation CD-rom after slipstreaming everything else.

After XP installation Windows Updates does not offer that Framework Family anymore. but it offer framework 3.0 language pack, at least for Finnish language. It seems to be a mistake of Microsoft, because it is not possible to install.

Hope that helps you to solve the problem, even I have done that with Win XP X86 in Finnish. Maybe someone can correct these instructions for X64

Edited by Juti

This thread clarified for me that I would need to use runonce instead of slipstreaming. However, instead of using 8 packages from the "Catalog" site, I used a 231MB package from the "Download Center" called .NET Framework 3.5 full package. It installs three frameworks with their service packs included (2.0 SP2, 3.0 SP2, 3.5 SP1).

I'm pretty new at this stuff, I hope this helps and doesn't confuse things. :)

If all will see the the link I posted to Kurt_Aust's post, above, you will see 3.5 is exactly the way to go and Kurt_Aust even delineates the proper updates to include. Enjoy, John.