Regarding Internet Explorer 6 patch

girish1026

Hi to all.

I would like to know that, is there any patch or any Add-on available to Internet Explorer 6 from Microsoft which makes IE6 with tabbed browsing feature. Or for tabbed browsing feature of Internet Explorer we need to download IE7 or IE8 from Microsoft Website.

Thanks

...is there any patch or any Add-on available to Internet Explorer 6 from Microsoft which makes IE6 with tabbed browsing feature...
I don't know of any from Microsoft, but I've seen add-ons give IE tabbed browsing. I believe the Yahoo Toolbar gives the requested functionality in IE6. Edited by JoeMSFN

I have another question......

Anyway to update IE6 so it has updated ASP reading,CSS,etc?? (I reckon just taking some IE7 files and putting them in a IE6 enviorment might work)

I dispise IE7,looks bad........... Wouldnt mind experimenting with 6 though!

IE8 (AFAICR when "testing" on VPC/XP) is "cleaner" than IE7. Wouldn't recommend trying to cross-patch IE6 with IE7/8 modules (I believe it's more-or-less a "complete rewrite").

Try it ya may like it... thinking of putting it on my main PC permanently! Heck, I like it better than FF!!! (err, might want to "tweak" the aggravating pop-ups out... browse MSFN for more info.)

edit - my "opinionating" is over here; choose what you like best...

Edited by submix8c

There are IE shells like Avant, Maxthon, GreenBrowser, and AOL Explorer that have tabs.

I reccomend and use IE8.

There's a portable version of Avant Browser (the one thaty says "USB disk version") if you want to try it with IE6 before you make definitive moves.