usb driver for Nokia 6500

Hello

my system is Win98se with nusb3.3 and updated with the the latest patches found on this forum.

I wonder if there is a way to install the driver found in Nokia's pc_suite designed for Win_Xp and newer.

regards

This is just a stab in the dark. But have you tried running the Nokia Suite using Kernal Ex? Possibly if you did that, the Nokia Suite would act as if it where on a Windows XP system and use the DLL's to interact with your Nokia cell phone.

By what I've read, KernalEx can run a handful of software applications intended for XP. Just maybe if you're lucky it'll run the Nokia Suite and do what you need.

If you feel like it, you could email the people who wrote KernalEx. I think they might want to give it a try making it run.

I have tried to install nokia pcsuite using the latest KernalEx, but the installing software asked for administrative rights and this seems to be impossible on a win98 system.

I tried another way extracting the drivers files from the installpackage and then let windows try to install the drivers from the new folder

when requested.

Unfortunately both solutions didn't work. If someone has an idea??

regards

Look at the actual driver dependencies with Dependency Walker - if it shows ntoskrnl.exe and ntdll.dll with red icons, you know it's designed for NT-based OS only and will never work in 9x, with or without KernelEx.