[WinSetupFromUsb] Boot.ini problem?

HI all. :hello:

Just new to this forum and method of installing OS using flash usb sticks.

I have this Toshiba Laptop with I have very limited access.

no floppy drive

dvd-ram/drive won't read cds 99% of the time. specially backup cds of softwares. I don't know if its some kind of protection on the drive itself.

the BIOS has no settings of any kind about SATA. Just few options about the processor, features, hdd security settings and boot, 1st time seeing one with no compatibility and such, maybe its hidden which I don't know. :wacko:

and I'm in the middle of nowhere. ^ ^

My 1st attempt went through setup until "choose what partition/drive you wan't to install or something like that".

It only shows the drive of flash drive and not the internal drives of the laptop.

So I asked about it and I was told that I need to add sata drivers. :)

You can also read my post on DriverPacks.net if helps -- Toshiba Satellite M205-S4804

• Steps I have/I did:
  • Windows XP Professional with SP3
  • Made a copy of its content on C:XPSOURCE
  • Followed and done with Sir Jaclaz, Link Integration of the Intel SATA AHCI or
  • SATA RAID drivers by using nLite
  • Came up with an ISO.
  • Mounted it.
  • Used WinSetupFromUsb 2.1
  • Formatted my USB Flash Drive wtih HP Format Tool
  • Then proceed with this settings:
    WinSetupFromUSB_21.jpg
  • Restart, set USB Memory to 1st priority on BIOS.
  • FAIL

But i think I have the wrong settings on boot.ini on flash drive or something. It doesn't go to setup and just show a few of "Second part of XP Professional setup" then just proceed to main system again.

Here are simple info if it helps.

drivemanagement.jpg

C: (drive to format)

D: (contains my files so I can't touch it.)

F: (flash drive)

Boot.ini on Flash Drive

[Boot Loader]
Timeout=5
Default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[Operating Systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Second part of XP Professional setup from hd 0 part 1" /FASTDETECT
c:\="-------------------------"
c:\="Try entries below if getting HAL.DLL/NTOSKRNL.EXE not found errors"
c:\="--------------------------"
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Second part of XP Professional setup from hd 0 part 2" /FASTDETECT
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(3)\WINDOWS="Second part of XP Professional setup from hd 0 part 3" /FASTDETECT
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(4)\WINDOWS="Second part of XP Professional setup from hd 0 part 4" /FASTDETECT
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(2)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Second part of XP Professional setup from hd 1 part 1" /FASTDETECT
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(2)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Second part of XP Professional setup from hd 1 part 2" /FASTDETECT
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(2)partition(3)\WINDOWS="Second part of XP Professional setup from hd 1 part 3" /FASTDETECT
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(2)partition(4)\WINDOWS="Second part of XP Professional setup from hd 1 part 4" /FASTDETECT

My aim is simple i'm just very new to this. :hello:

*sorry for bad english

Thanks. :)

I am just coding a few checks if grub4dos BS was successfully installed, if not- install grub4dos MBR, if not- abort, or maybe add a line to boot.ini as a last resort for those cases where grubinst completely fails.

Wimb also pointed me to a bug in touchdrv usage in the program.

Hopefully these improvement will get rid of all similar issues.

Don't want to take the risk with bootlace as behavior under 2003, Vista and 7 is unknown and lately have quite limited spare time to do extended testing or code such changes.