How to Enable video thumbnails?

Hi

Does anybody know how to enable video thubmnails for common video files eg, mpeg avi ts etc...

I tried vista codec and klite-codec packs, but still cant get video thumbnails..

Checking the "folder options>view>display file icon on thumbnails" does not help as well, even group policy editor didnt work as well... :(

Hi cluberti, yes i have desktop experience feature installed as well. Am using server 2008 x64 sp2 as workstation. Just cant get video thumbnails to work, even after a clean install.

The only video thumb that shows is "wmv"

• 3 weeks later...

In Windows Server 2008 you will not see Preview Thumbnails in your Documents / Music / Video folders by default . This has to be enabled. So please try this

Control Panel > System and Maintenance > System > Advanced System Settings > Advanced > Performance > Settings > Visual Effects.

Also for Themes, Windows Media player and the Aero related features, You will have to enable it form the Server Manager. The “Turn Windows features on or off” / “Add remove windows components”.

Server Manager > Features > Desktop Experience.

Installing the Desktop Experience feature does not enable them. You have to manually set them up.

I hope this time it should work.

Hope so.

Let me know it worked or not.

Enjoy!!! :thumbup