Problem with script

I cannot run WPI any version.

Show me the error 9 times "An error has occurred in the script on this page"

wich patches to files *.js (global.js , wmi.js ...)

I have IE 8.

Anyone have any clue what is wrong?

Thanks

post-221026-1243017259_thumb.jpg

• 7 months later...

Hi,

I'm having the same problem for a long time.

I've searched for it and followed every solution but nothing worked.

I've changed the "DisableScriptDebuggerIE" and "Disable Script Debugger"

I've used the recent "wpi.exe"

and many more things, But none of them worked.

It seem's that it's random. sometimes it apears and sometimes it doesn't even in the same situation.

even the files in that error window is different in every try.

however it seems weird that when this error apears if you close the mshta process and run it again, it runs flawless and works great.

does anyone know why it happens ?

One of your programs isnt setup the right way in your WPI

Try to remove the last programm you added before the error.

thanx for the fast reply but when i said "for a long time" i really meant it. it's about two years that i see this annoying screen and since then i've changed my programs a lot and i don't remember when exactly it happened.

even if i try to remove some programs it doesn't solve anything because it's random like i said.

could it happen because of the changes that i made in some js files ?

i've translated some parts of lang_en.js to persian and then saved it in UTF-8 format.

also i've removed some Hotkeys in api.js under "function CheckKey" part.

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\WPI]

I've added this reg key before and it still runs before execution of wpi.exe

but the result is the same

I'm testing a full command like this right now : WPI.hta options=myoption.js config=myconfig.js

till now i was just running WPI.hta

A few days ago i read a post somewhere that registering a DLL file called "scrrun.dll" might help,

what do you think about that Kelsenellenelvian ?

hmmm can you run a "Virgin" test of WPI freshly downloaded? (Without any modded files of course)

If you still get it then post these files for me:

options file

config file

lang_en.js

api.js

and your nLite last session

I have NEVER heard of needing to register a dll for WPI...

Also I just had a thought come to mind = Nero 7? Do you have it installed?

the following picture is the resault of my last test with these settings in an "autoit" file :

RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main", "Disable Script Debugger", "REG_SZ", "no")

RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main", "DisableScriptDebuggerIE", "REG_SZ", "no")

ShellExecute($cddrive & "\WPI\WPI.hta", "options=myoptions.js config=myconfig.js")

post-167727-1261646761_thumb.png

also i should mention that it runs after the first time that windows loads after a new installation hence this key can't be a problem : [-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\WPI]

i have to install a new windows (using vmware) every time i test something so i can be sure that the environment hasn't changed

i'm sure about the autoit commands because the result is the same with cmd

also i know that this problem happens more in a real pc than a virtual machine so vmware is not causing it.

i've tested a lot in a lot of environments and situations to find the reason but no luck yet !

I'll appreciate every help

thanx

hmmm can you run a "Virgin" test of WPI freshly downloaded? (Without any modded files of course)

Ok i'll test it and reply as soon as possible

and your nLite last session

i don't use nLite because it has a lot of bugs and is not flexible enough for me so i created a fresh automatic installation for my self

and i should say that it's a lot more automated and customized than nLite even can think of :D

I have NEVER heard of needing to register a dll for WPI...

it's like this : regsvr32.exe /s scrrun.dll

i read it in a post related to some problems between IE and mshta and ... and right now i can't remember where

but i haven't test it yet

Also I just had a thought come to mind = Nero 7? Do you have it installed?

no i've added a customized version of nero 9.2 to my programs and i'm pretty sure that it's not causing the problem

I replaced my api.js and lang_en.js with the original ones and tested again but i got the same result.

so i removed my old wpi folder and unpacked the wpi 7.7 again and just copied the config and option files into the wpiscripts folder

then repacked my windows and tested it. it run without any problem with my old config and option files.

i can't find out where did i do wrong.

After many tests i found out that these two files cause the problem api.js and lang_en.js

If i use my edited version of each one of them, wpi wouldn't load properly at the first time windows starts.

If I send you my edited files would you check them for me, Kelsenellenelvian ?

Ok i just wanted to inform you that the error happened for me because of the way i loaded wpi.hta

i was loading it using autoit loop commands and apparently i shouldn't do that.

also maybe there were some problems between new versions of wpi and integrated ie8 into winxpsp3 that i'm not sure about.

happy new year

:thumbup