1024x600 resolution support?

Tripredacus

I'm writing software to be run in Win PE v2.1 on a netbook. The resolutions supported are 800x600 and 1024x600. I try to use SETRES to use 1024x600, but the PE doesn't seem to like this option and reverts to 800x600. Knowing the resolution support ahead of time, my software is sized (which includes the winpe.bmp) to run at 1024x600. Any ideas on how to get this resolution set?

I had the same issue. For me it was actually a number of issues, depending on the hardware.

On some systems, I had to include the video drivers in the winpe21 build process.

On others, it was 16 instead of 32. ie: 1024x768x16 vs 1024x768x32

And I went with an autoit script to do the res changes, because setres wouldn't work for me in winpe2.x

Well in XP is says it is running at 1024x600 @ 32bit color and 60Hz.

Update: I just tested setres in XP. I guess with this notebook (MSI Wind) setres doesn't work like usual. Typically, if you use a 1 for refresh rate (or a 0) setres will use the display's default setting. But the Wind didn't like that option, it returned a DISP_CHANGE_BADMODE (-2) error. If I set the refresh rate to what it is supposed to be (60) instead of the auto setting (1) it works at least in XP. I will have to try it now in the PE to see if that solves it as well.