W2K sp5, I need KOREAN language files.

Rogon3

I have language problem, when installing, and using w2k with sp5 file set.

Needs : Korean Language files

Thankyou.

p.s. If I make w2ksp5 CD with english version w2k, can I add Korean files after installing in the regional options ?

Edited by Rogon3

Yeah, i have never liked that "SP5" terminology either, when regarding FDV's fileset, as it's 1. not SP5 and 2. resembles USP5 to much, which leads to even more confusion... IMHO then "FDV's Win2k-SP4 IE/Junk Removal Fileset" would be much more appropriate, but that's just me :)

Anyway, FDV's fileset is for english Win2k install media, and yes, you can add korean language afterwards through regional options(located in 'ZRMPFPP\I386\LANG' folder i belive, so don't delete that folder to save space for non-western language systems!).

If used on regionalized Win2k install media, then you'll have to edit the fileset appropriately, so strings in hive files are translated correctly etc.

Edited by Martin H

Thankyou and sorry, Martin H and tommyp.

If used on regionalized Win2k install media, then you'll have to edit the fileset appropriately, so strings in hive files are translated correctly etc.

hard for me, I'm just beginner. but I really want to...

Anyway, FDV's fileset is for english Win2k install media, and yes, you can add korean language afterwards through regional options

This is for me and my old notebook.

Thanks and sorry again, but I love HFSLIP and you who help others. :P

Edited by Rogon3

As Martin says, you'll need to make edits to fileset files.

The biggest ones are all of the HIVE files. I have never seen a non-ENG distribution of Win2k, so I don't know how Microsoft handles that, but for the most part, if the [strings] sections of your HIVE files are in Korean, you could copy them over mine. There are a few strings I have added, so you might get the odd % variable in a name, but that's the quickest way to accomplish translation.

Please wait for fileset 9 before you start your work!

I am very close to finishing it.

(BTW, I am for removing decade-old printer drivers from the install so the install goes faster. This does NOT affect your ability to add printers to the OS... I just don't know of anyone using dot matrix printers anymore.)

Thankyou and sorry, Martin H and tommyp.

No need to apologise, mate :) And btw, then my SP5 comment were actually not directed at you, but at FDV ;)

@FDV: Yeah, please drop printer drivers, that would be great :thumbup

Thanks again, mate!

:Me waits patiently for the upcomming set-9 final, so that i can finally do a new re-install :hello: