WMP11 slipstreaming bug/issue

jvidal

Hi!

I noticed that when WMP11 is slipstreamed (vs manually installed), the wudfsvc service is not created, which limits the ability to use certain types of

mp3 players which need this service to work.

The service is created when the umdf.exe package is installed.

bye!

• 2 weeks later...

What service is that by "name" - ie what should be listed in the MMC Services list?

I just did a slipstream of XP from a win2K machine - and I'm starting to think that a number of the issues may of been at least partly caused by that.

Even though I followed all the steps, and used the "install.exe" from a winXP sp2 blob like advised.

I'll check and see if that service is running in that box before it goes back off to family.

It did seem like WMP11 was one of the few things that didn't actually have an issue.

IE7 wound up pretty fubared. Had to be uninstalled in the end. Could not fix the issue, nor get the IE specialobject link to show up on the desktop or start menu.

Even after reinstalling IE7 from a binary download from microsoft, I had to go back into the Add/Remove Programs to "add IE7" back in there hehe.

Finally after the Registry hacks and all, everything seems to of settled in.

The files contained in the umdf.exe do get get slipstreamed but the registry settings(from wudf_update.inf)to create the services do not get added for some reason. Attached is a reg file which should add the information for the services.umdf.reg