clock.avi can not be copy

zodehala

zodehala, under Components-Advanced there is an option to remove certain files. The file clock.avi is in the default list. You need to remove it. Also, please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini. Make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Please report when you have a solution, so others can benefit. Enjoy, John.

zodehala, under Components-Advanced there is an option to remove certain files. The file clock.avi is in the default list. You need to remove it. Also, please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini. Make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Please report when you have a solution, so others can benefit. Enjoy, John.

you mean following

http://img200.imageshack.us/my.php?image=snap1n.gif

this is my last session.ini file

[Main]
Env = 1.4.9.1 - 2.0.50727.42.Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
Target = Windows XP Professional SP3 - 5.1.2600.5512 - Turkish

[Tasks]
Remove Components

[Components]
;# Compatibility #

[KeepFiles]
msconfig.exe

[RemoveFiles]
clock.avi
yahoo.bmp
swtchbrd.bmp

[Options]
ProfilesDir = "%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings"
TargetPath = "WINDOWS"
temp_dir = %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temp

[Patches]

[Services2]

[Tweaks]

[Unattended]
ComputerType = Automatic
MaximumDataStorePercentOfDisk = 12
RestorePointLife = 30
DesktopTheme = Default||
AutoUDay = 5
AutoUHour = 15
ProgFilesPath = "\Program Files"

[NetAdapter1]
connname = ""
macaddress = ""
ipaddress = "192.168.0.1"
subnetmask = "255.255.255.0"
defaultgateway = ""
dnsserver1 = ""
dnsserver2 = ""
winsserver = ""
netbiossetting = "0"
ipxnetworknumber = "00000000"
ipxnetworkframetype = "0xFF"

[GuiRunOnce]

[Drivers]

[Hotfixes]

That's right, just remove clock.avi from that list and it will be installed.

Enjoy

i remove it from ini files like folowing

[KeepFiles]
msconfig.exe

[RemoveFiles]
yahoo.bmp
swtchbrd.bmp

but i still gives same error . what will i do now ?

You will want to make sure it did not get removed from your source I386 folder. Look and see if clock.av_ still exists or not in your source.

there is no clock.av_ file in any folder

Remove it from the nLite session, not from the .INI files.

i do not understand what does "Remove it from the nLite session" mean.

"Remove it from the nLite session" mean : to remove it using nlite program or what ? if yes i have already done . if its mean : to delete "nlite session.ini" files i have already done

You will want to make sure it did not get removed from your source I386 folder. Look and see if clock.av_ still exists or not in your source.

Remove it from the nLite session, not from the .INI files.

i do not understand what does "Remove it from the nLite session" mean.

"Remove it from the nLite session" mean : to remove it using nlite program or what ? if yes i have already done . if its mean : to delete "nlite session.ini" files i have already done

When you start making a XP CD with nLite and reach the screen you have posted in the screenshot, remove clock.avi from the window where it is set to remove. Then it will be installed.

Make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders
Zodehala, please read the replies you're given. And that one is given 10 times a day.

There's your problem. You integrate a service pack to an incomplete XP version. If it's not there for starting, and it's not added by SP3 either, it won't be there at finish. But adding a SP sort of resets something that makes nLite work as if you were working on a complete OS, so the resulting installer tries to copy the file. Then you get that error.

zodehala, where did you get your source? What is xpsp2tr? Perhaps a DLed copy of Windows? Is it a legal copy and do you have a legal key to go with it? How was SP2 inserted into the source? I suspect you have a source problem. Do the other posters have a clock.av* in there source? I do not, but I am running XP x64. Please let us know the details of your source. Enjoy, John.

• 5 years later...

There is a very easy solution for that (read the bottom line on screen): press ESC and installation continues 

:-) 

I have followed this way and voila, customized XP is up and running.  

WUT???? :crazy: So is anything "broken"? Nothing should *ever* be "missing" in a good/valid/complete Source. The only other cause is a Bad Burn (read errors). In the case of this Topic, the "source" is either incomplete (maybe from a "skeleton" OEM install) or it's just bogus.

I give you an example of "incomplete OEM" - Microsoft's own XP-Mode VHD Image.

(five year old thread)

Edited by submix8c