Tech specs for sound card

can any one find the tech specs(manuel) for the sound blaster 5.1 SB0680

i just want to know the specs so i know what EAX version this can go up to

i looked at the manuel at creative but its quite useless lol

does any one know what year this card was made also?

and is their a tool for like turning off EAX and effects and turning em on? becasue in the creative manuel it says you get this(i didit get a cd with the card as its off ebay)

Creative WaveStudio

Creative Recorder

Creative PlayCenter

Creative Mixer

nirtoshift gave me most of em but their made for the augidy and they didit install so where can i get em? all i want is the creative mixer so i can make effect go on and off

lol i just saw a Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS PCI 7.1 HD surround sound card mabye i should just get that as its 99c at the moment would that be any better then the card i got now?? comes with two games :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup

[...]nirtoshift gave me most of em but their made for the augidy and they didit install so where can i get em? all i want is the creative mixer so i can make effect go on and off[...]

First off it's nitroshift, NOT nirtoshift and secondly, looking *again* on the creative website reveals that the mixer is not supported under Windows ME (it doesn't show up in the download list for Win ME).

I have a Soundblaster in my Win98 PC and it came with software. You can use it to enable or disable EAX, but this was a long time ago. It does not support surround sound. Maybe if you can find an Audigy Gamer PCI. That is what is in my XP computer now, and I remember when I bought it, it wasn't supported in XP yet. So if you can find one of those old ones you'll have the software for 98/ME, but it only supports Dolby 5.1.

I found them. They were in a cd binder that was underwater. I think the CDs might be fine but they have dried mud on them so I'll have to clean them. Sadly my Windows 98 CD was in there too, along with a bunch of other OSes and stuff and all my Cisco training discs... :angry:

Anyways, I found two of them:

- Sound Blaster Audigy Installation CD (from 2001) which came with my Audigy Gamer.

- Live!Ware version 2.0 (from 1999) which came with my SBLive.

which one do you think you need? I'll clean them off and see if I can read the CDs later.