unchecked hibernation

MtK

Hi,

after an hour or so of usage, my windows decides to show me a message saying I have an unchecked hibernation, and if I want to go into hibernation now?

no matter if I click YES, NO, or nothing, the computer turns off completely...

what can I do?

in addition to the things said above, whenever I turn the computer on again, Windows does not fully load, and turns off before it finishes.

Windows does load completely in Safe Mode, though...

:hello: Your problem might lie in your settings, log on in safe mode, and go to"Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Power Options\Edit Plan Settings"check your "Advanced Settings" and their you can check to see if "Hibernate is checked"

:hello: Your problem might lie in your settings, log on in safe mode, and go to"Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Power Options\Edit Plan Settings"check your "Advanced Settings" and their you can check to see if "Hibernate is checked"

hibernate is not even there...

hibernate is not even there...

Look under "Advanced Settings" and you shood find "sleep" and some other settings, just open them up,, at the top you should find different "Power Plan's"

like; Balanced, power saver and High Performance..

Can you provide the exact text of the message you are getting? I don't know of any message in Windows that will just pop up and tell you that you have "an unchecked hibernation"...it sounds like you may be misreading it.

Can you provide the exact text of the message you are getting? I don't know of any message in Windows that will just pop up and tell you that you have "an unchecked hibernation"...it sounds like you may be misreading it.

I re_read your msg. "go to run_type-in msconfig and look at your start-up and see what is starting and see where it is comming from, ie "desktop.dill"

check it out nothing else, "google it" or re-install the OS.

I always just started looking to see why it was doing what it was doing, you do have all of your files backedup don't you?, if so then your ok to look around,

It might be your "Vedio Card" also

Good Luck!!!

Edited by ghforlife

Hi,

after an hour or so of usage, my windows decides to show me a message saying I have an unchecked hibernation, and if I want to go into hibernation now?

no matter if I click YES, NO, or nothing, the computer turns off completely...

what can I do?

Great, now I have hibernation checked, so instead of turning off the computer after an hour, it hibernated after 30minutes (which obviously take a lot longer to process).

any new ideas?

just finished formatting and reinstalling Win7-7100.

the computer still turns off whenever it feels like...

(this time without the 'unchecked hibernation' notification)

took the laptop to the lab:

there was a screw releases in the CPU fan - so the CPU got heated, therefor the laptop shutdown...

thanks for all the helpers...