WMP11 Slipstreamer and IE8 intergrate.

David McMahon

Okay need to update my Discs!

I Thought that Nlite 1.49 had WMP11 Slipstreamer built in? (Nlite asks me to provide it)

Whats the Best Way of slipping IE8??

p.s (not so important)

Can I slip the latest MSN Messenger?

Can I slip MS updates (as opposed to Windows Updates)

Thank you very much in advance, Top Nlite Fan!!!

David McMahon

David McMahon, the calling of WMP11 Slipstreamer is built into nLite now, but it expects you to have it installed. There are a number of AddOns for IE8, but it cannot be integrated directly. Try searching for one that goes with your version of Windows - lots of posts lately about this. Sorry, can't answer the MSN Messenger question. I think MS updates includes updates to all your installed MS SW. I have no experience here, but I suspect it needs to look around and see what you have installed. Hopefully, someone else will be able to respond to your last two questions. Enjoy, John.

A switchless installer can be created for the latest Windows Live Messenger that can be used at nLite RunOnce/GUIRunOnce/RunOnceEx. The procedure also bypasses the installer's OS check, meaning XP x64 users can install it now, too. :)

I believe the Microsoft Update website checks for the same operating system updates as the Windows Update website. Certain non-OS updates can also be slipstreamed by nLite as long as they're constructed the same as OS updates. For example, MSI files such as those for MSXML 6.0 will not slipstream. Further explanation requires a more intimate knowledge of update packages—probably more than you'd like to know.

for integrating WMP11 use this WINT11_integrated.rar

Please do not use this one. It is VERY old and DOES NOT support any hotfixes or use with nLite. It also does NOT compress the files leaving you with 60+ megs of wasted space...

:thumbup only for integrating WMP 11 with WinXP's folder, so you can continue working on Nlite :hello:

Edited by Leon S. Kennedy

• 6 months later...

Hi again been a while!

Okay decided to look again at Nlite, Still get the

WMP11 intergration

Install WMP Slipstreamer or copy the installed exe of it to the nlite root folder (C:\Program Files\nlite).

Error box, despite me copying wmp11-windowsxp-x86-enu.exe to C:\Program Files\nlite

David McMahon, what error box? Please post a screen shot.

Just install WPM11 Slipstreamer, then run nLite and include the WMP11 file (wmp11-windowsxp-x86-enu.exe) and its hot fixes into the nLite hot fix section. Also, please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini. Make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Please report when you have a solution, so others can benefit. Enjoy, John.

Fixed that error, turns out the WMP11 Installer needed to be installed again? Not sure what happened but was my fault, working now (Well except the ICFGNT.DLL error on MCE but that's another story, I dont do many MCE installs so is hardly a problem for now :)

If anyone else is having the same / similar problems as me you need the WMP11 Slipstreamer, install after nlite but before any projects

WMP11 INSTALLER