Windows7 x64 occasional hanging

iceangel89

i am experiencing occasional hanging in Windows 7 RC x64. it seems to hang for like 2/3 mins once in a while... i thought it was becos of firefox in youtube but i noticed that sometimes when firefox is nt open it happens still.

do you have kaspersky installed. this was also a problem to me until i reinstalled windows 7 7067 but decided not to install kaspersky or any other anti-virus for that matter. from then on , it's running fine.

Have you checked out Windows Task Manager? I noticed my CPU temps go up one day and I checked task manager and sidebar.exe was bumping 0%-40% of my CPU. Also noticed that it was hogging 320K of memory.

I restarted and it seemed resolved, but I've noticed it keeps reoccurring after leaving my comp. up for more than a day.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, all threads here appear to be waiting on events - this appears to be some sort of hang on a kernel object (or objects), which you can't see in a user-mode dump. You're going to need to get a complete memory dump of the box, assuming you have the disk space for a paging file to match RAM and disk space to store the memory dump too.

oh, i did a full dump which is 4GB cos my RAM is 4GB ... hmm i compress it and upload it soon ... i think it will take ages ... i think RAR-ed with Best compression stills gives 800MB+ file ... is that supposed to be the case?

what about harddisk led ? I have hanging problem on my laptop sometimes , and when it hangs hdd led is always on ... I have updated ahci intel driver and now it's gone ...

what about harddisk led ? I have hanging problem on my laptop sometimes , and when it hangs hdd led is always on ... I have updated ahci intel driver and now it's gone ...

yes when it hangs, HDD LED is always on. but where do u get the driver? or know which 1 to get?

mine is Acer 5920G

- Intel C2D T9300

- 4GB DDR2

- 320GB HDD ...

windows update dont show that 1 need to update my HDD

okay , acer travelmate 6492 here ... windows seven french x64 rc

you can find latest ahci driver with typing "f6flpy6488" on intel website , download section ... 8.8 is the latest version at the moment ... I have updated mine using device manager with inf downloaded ... rebooted .. no hangs since ...

Edited by Sonic