Can Ghost work with Win 7?

AO3

My company is looking to buy the new ver of Symantec Ghost. Symantec web site says it works with vista and 64bit OS's. Any one tried using it with ghost?

It would be a lot of work to switch to a new program. I have 20 different CPU models. With 4 images per CPU. 80 images to download then upload.

True that clu, I was more referencing the link as it seems to declare all is well rather than encouraging careful steps. Apologies if it appeared to be aimed at yours.

Altiris worked fine with one of the old betas, but on the RC when i played with the booting virtual disks and dropped oracle, it messed the sheets.

Bear in mind that Norton Ghost 14 and Symantec Ghost 11 are different beasts altogether. Symantec Ghost 11.5.0.2141 (the latest, if I'm not misteken) should handle Win 7 without any issues. If it doesn't in the default mode, in forensic sound full disk image mode it ought to be bulletproof.

Ghost 11.5, the DOS version, run from any DOS boot disk, will back up any version of Vista or Windows 7.

It's the oldest version of ghost that will do that. Ghost 2003 will not and Ghost 8.x will not.

Any version of Ghost that must be run from within Windows, totally wets the bed.

I have Ghost 11.5 on a boot CD that will back up almost anything, including linux.

B)