Automating automatic updates with logged-on administrator (and WSUS)

Is it possible to force automatic updates to install in the background when an administrator is logged on locally? At the moment, it is configured to download and install updates on a schedule using WSUS 3.0.6 on Windows Server 2003. When a non-administrator is logged on, the updates download and install in the background, but when an administrator is logged on it is not automatic - the shield icon appears and prompts the user to start the update process.

Unfortunately, I can't rely on the users to initiate the update process themselves, and as every domain user is a local administrator (don't ask, software issues) this means that updates are downloaded but never installed.

Ideally, automatic updates would behave in the same way for administrators as non-administrators (ie. they download and install in the background and automatically at shutdown), but I can't find a setting for this in the group policy.

Anyone have any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

Ohhhhhhhhhhh my god it's same my proplem but i got the answer:

will ,

it,s in group policy

User configuration>system>windows automatically updates" apply it locally or from domain DC"

to get update directlly on clients

run

gpupdate

gpupdate /force

wuauclt /updatenow";search for wuauclt parameter in google pls;" "or waiting to specific time"

make sure automatically update turned on in all clients, and firewall is off or add expectation on clients

i hope this info helped you

Thanks

Edited by Kazanova