emailing m$

hey you think if i emailed microsoft and said

hey can Msoft how yas goingins

well any way can you send the updates for windows me for me?

yer i know this website has like most updates for win 98/me but i like the use the offical thing

any way what is M$ email?

I think with this spelling and grammer you will not get very far...
hey can Msoft how yas goingins

well any way can you send the updates for windows me for me?

Unless of course you specify that you are using the Word 20xx and it's integrated word correction....:whistle:

http://www.blameitonthevoices.com/2008/08/...ction-fail.html

Or the nice and very useful :w00t: =rand(p,l) or =rand.old(p,l) function:

http://www.techtalkz.com/technical-discuss...easter-egg.html

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/212251/en-us

I wonder if it could be hacked somehow to produce some real random text.

There are rumours that there are cats that can even fool pawsense:

http://bitboost.com/pawsense/

(which your e-mail might not ;))

Here is an actual picture of one:

funny-pictures-why-did-you-tell-your-cat-that-you-would-not-be-mad.jpg

:P

jaclaz

er what asssoft gave me

Dear Daniel,

Warm greetings from Microsoft Customer Service. My name is Johan and I will be addressing your enquiry.

As I understand it, you are enquiring regarding obtaining updates for your windows ME. If I have misunderstood, please let me know.

Daniel, please note that Microsoft has ceased its support and updates for Windows ME on July 11, 2006. For further information regarding the support lifecycle for Windows ME, please refer to the link below:

Microsoft Support Lifecycle

http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/?LN...mp;x=20&y=9

I hope I was able to address your enquiry to your satisfaction. Should you have further questions relating to this enquiry or any additional enquiries, please let me know.

Alternatively, for immediate assistance, you can contact one of our Microsoft Customer Service Representatives on 13 20 58 (Select Option 2 followed by Option 1) from Monday to Friday, between 8am - 8pm AEST.

Thank you for contacting Microsoft.

Kind regards,

Johan Adam | Customer Service Representative | Microsoft Customer Service | Australia | Phone: 132058

and what i said back:

oh i was just hoping that you would just give it to me lol

because my old pentium 3 wont work with win xp so good

and this automated messege came up i think

Dear Daniel,

Thank you for your response.

Daniel, I am afraid that we are not able to distribute Windows updates for obsolete Microsoft products.

I hope I was able to address your enquiry to your satisfaction. Should you have further questions relating to this enquiry or any additional enquiries, please let me know.

Alternatively, for immediate assistance, you can contact one of our Microsoft Customer Service Representatives on 13 20 58 (Select Option 2 followed by Option 1) from Monday to Friday, between 8am - 8pm AEST.

Thank you for contacting Microsoft.

Kind regards,

Johan Adam | Customer Service Representative | Microsoft Customer Service | Australia | Phone: 132058

lol they wont give meeeeeeee the updates I WANT THE OFFICAL UPDATES llol

it would be cool if some guy on these fourms worked at asssoft and just stole the updates for all win 9xs lol

Microsoft doesn't support, AT ALL, products that have exited their support phase. As Windows ME is not considered a business OS (NT-based), it only got 5 years of support, ending in 2006 (it was available at the end of 2000, so the clock started in 2001). If you want updates, you'll have to find them outside of Microsoft - the_guy's service pack seems quite a reasonable suggestion given the circumstances.

Also, in regards to your posts, you are free to your feelings and opinions but profanity will not be tolerated. If you have a rant, try to make it somewhat targeted and legible, and written in proper English, without profanity. I might even read them on my own in the future, without seeing it only because I had to check your posts for profanity.

Rule 7.a deals with this, and if we have to warn again, you will be banned.

It's going to be fun when they are going to shut down the servers and services for XP activation :whistle:

No such problem at the horizon for 98SE/ME :whistle:

i know facts arent as fun as dreaming up wild conspiracy theories but...

Will Microsoft use activation to force me to upgrade? In other words, will Microsoft ever stop giving out activation codes for any of the products that require activation?

No, Microsoft will not use activation as a tool to force people to upgrade. Activation is merely an anti-piracy tool, nothing else.

Microsoft will also support the activation of Windows XP throughout its life and will likely provide an update that turns activation off at the end of the product's lifecycle so users would no longer be required to activate the product.

http://www.microsoft.com/norge/piracy/activation_faq.mspx

:whistle::whistle::whistle:

They don't say they will. They only say it is likely they will.

At this point in time it is certain you own your 98SE/ME OS but it is far less certain for XP.

It all depends on what Microsoft will do when XP lifecycle ends.

Saying they will likely provide a patch is not even a promise they are going to do so, so it's worth even less than promises of a politician on the campain trail IMO.

We'll see but my opinion is that they don't intend to provide a patch.