Problems accessing msfn.org

Sfor

For about a moth, I'm unable to enter the msfn.org. I've tried different DNS servers with the same results. The same problem exists from many locations and different Internet services providers. I can access the msfn.org by using US proxy server, only.

I'm starting to believe the whole Poland is affected.

Yes, it was. Poland was blocked because of few users who tried to destroy msfn with posting hundreds spam posts every day on forums. We tried everything to block those users but without success. They used a lot of different IP's from Poland that we couldn't keep up with blocking. We have a real life too and can't stay behind a keyboard 24/7. This is private site (and cost money) and we all do this on a free basis. If this continue this way, along with another (financial) issues, we will just shut it down. Simple as that.

Best regards

p.s. Poland can now access msfn.org.

If this continue this way, along with another (financial) issues, we will just shut it down. Simple as that.
Gosh i hope not..

This is the BEST site of its kind on the internet!!

Please dont be afraid to ask for help XPER (Donations) ..

Please dont take this site away from us just because people are abusing things and making it hard!!

Have you tried to put ALOT OF CAPTHA's on the signup page?? (Maybe manually approving new members (As another site i am on has done for the same reason))

You have worked A VERY LONG TIME on this project and it would be very sad to see it go away..

I am very sad to see your message above and i hope it doesnt lead to anything bad... I love this site and of all other sites im on of this type,none come close to this one!

Things are getting very bad (Economy,etc) and i hope this site doesnt suffer for it... (Like everything else is)

What can we do to help you???

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, it was. Poland was blocked because of few users who tried to destroy msfn with posting hundreds spam posts every day on forums. We tried everything to block those users but without success. They used a lot of different IP's from Poland that we couldn't keep up with blocking.

The largest Internet access services provider in poland is TP. Their main offer is ADSL with dynamic IP. The TP keeps track of what IP was used by whom in what time period, so it is possible to track a "villain" down and prosecute accordingly. The TP has a right to disconnect the user violating the law, as well. By knowing the IP used it should be possible to track down the provider and perhaps the country region, as TP does use different IP ranges for them.

Perhaps, an official investigation will be the most effective tool to get the "punk" stopped.

The MSFN related DNS queries stopped working again. So, I can safely assume the attack from the Polish IP space was made, again.

Perhaps I could be of some assistance with legal actions against the attacker. But, the first thing to do would be to find out what company is the the Internet access service provider of the attacker.

Its quite sad when steps like this have to be taken..

I do believe most spam comes from the USA and with BUSH signing the "Can spam" act it just made things worse.....

It glad its loading fine for ya again :)