Nuhi Working for Microsoft?

Guest bb2009

It would be a smart move by Microsoft. On a personal level I hope so because that means that v/n-lite support will move off of these boards and that would make me extremely happy. It would mean decreased traffic to msfn.org, which translates to less ad revenue. That said, if n-lite support drops from this board I will definitely step up to help support msfn.

Dino is a personal friend of mine, and while he did take a new job recently that has basically taken all of his time (wherever he may work, I will not divulge someone else's employer without their OK), I'd suggest not jumping to conclusions that the products are "dead" until he says otherwise. As far as I know, they're still "alive", and I have seen no indications otherwise.

I have a different view. I'd suggest not jumping to conclusions that the products are "still alive" until he says otherwise. As far as I have seen, they're "not in development anymore", and I have seen no indications otherwise. That said, if he is working for Microsoft, good for him. He has earned/deserves it.

Edited by ekos8

I have a different view. I'd suggest not jumping to conclusions that the products are "still alive" until he says otherwise. As far as I have seen, they're "not in development anymore", and I have seen no indications otherwise. That said, if he is working for Microsoft, good for him. He has earned/deserves it.

Yeah but they just laid another 3000 off that seems awfully strange they would lay so many off yet hire nuhi, and yet ironically they do not like Nlite or vlite too much (they have been gun ho against it since its picked up popularity) so good for nuhi but also a good way to secure nlite and vlite from being continued anymore. (if they did hire nuhi they own nlite/vlite i reckon) just my educated guess.

I have a different view. I'd suggest not jumping to conclusions that the products are "still alive" until he says otherwise. As far as I have seen, they're "not in development anymore", and I have seen no indications otherwise.
I don't see people stop posting on the forum, do you? So what would you call dead? No new releases? So, if something stops devolving it dies (yes, businesses do indeed)?

Guest bb2009
Yeah but they just laid another 3000 off that seems awfully strange they would lay so many off yet hire nuhi, and yet ironically they do not like Nlite or vlite too much (they have been gun ho against it since its picked up popularity) so good for nuhi but also a good way to secure nlite and vlite from being continued anymore. (if they did hire nuhi they own nlite/vlite i reckon) just my educated guess.

The link in my first post looks like it has a date of November 2008. So if Nuhi was hired, is was probably a while before that time. I'm not sure when Microsoft had its first round of layoffs though.

My best guess about this whole thing is that Nuhi would be a very smart hire for the Windows 7 team. One of the major focuses of Win7 is to be lighter on system resources. I could see Nuhi adding allot knowledge and capabilities to the way Windows 7 is designed, especially the way they are making Win7 components removable from within windows itself.

Another guess would be that Microsoft plans to release a tweakWin7 app for power users based on Nuhi's work. Or maybe I'm just dreaming a little :rolleyes:

The link in my first post looks like it has a date of November 2008. So if Nuhi was hired, is was probably a while before that time. I'm not sure when Microsoft had its first round of layoffs though.

My best guess about this whole thing is that Nuhi would be a very smart hire for the Windows 7 team. One of the major focuses of Win7 is to be lighter on system resources. I could see Nuhi adding allot knowledge and capabilities to the way Windows 7 is designed, especially the way they are making Win7 components removable from within windows itself.

Another guess would be that Microsoft plans to release a tweakWin7 app for power users based on Nuhi's work. Or maybe I'm just dreaming a little :rolleyes:

They would never do that, they got him on mainly becuse he can do something apparently they cant, and no we wont be seeing Microsoft Nlite for Windows anytime this century they hated nlite and was recommending left and right that people shouldnt use, but we know better :whistle:

I think the most sad part of this is, Hes beeing online on the forums without replying anything back to us :(

He was Last Seen: 6th May 2009 - 07:56 PM

I think the most sad part of this is, Hes beeing online on the forums without replying anything back to us :(

He doesn't owe us anything, including a reply. It's his life, and regardless of what anyone thinks, he's free to do with his life and his code what he pleases.

He doesn't owe us anything, including a reply. It's his life, and regardless of what anyone thinks, he's free to do with his life and his code what he pleases.

Indeed he does not but it would be polite to do so.At the very least it would end the unnessesary topics popping up here time-to-time and put a stop to the speculation.So he does have few minutes to get behind PC and log in,but does not have a few minutes to post a quick annoucment?.Seems odd thats all...

Atleast whats the status of the programs?.Dead,Halted or what?

I would think that if a known Microsoft employee were posting here it would give the appearance of an affiliation. I am sure they asked him kindly to discontinue an active membership.

Why dont you submit a ticket to the helpdesk for win7 component removal issues and keep telling them to escalate it? That would certainly seem to give you a better shot at getting your slimmed O/s autographed :)

no answer by nuhi can be interpreted in different ways, I made my choice.

(it seems that he has not posted anything since august 2008...)

as m$ has obviously no interest in making windoze anything like fast, slim, portable or transparent (they like it sticky, bold, non portable, and diffuse), they certainly have an interest in getting rid of nlite/vlite (and avoiding 7lite).

and eating more resources is a "smart motor" for harware sales.

I will use my nlited xp as long as possible.

Edited by cteaser

I would think that if a known Microsoft employee were posting here it would give the appearance of an affiliation. I am sure they asked him kindly to discontinue an active membership.

Why dont you submit a ticket to the helpdesk for win7 component removal issues and keep telling them to escalate it? That would certainly seem to give you a better shot at getting your slimmed O/s autographed :)

I doubt mircosoft would ask him to do something like that, if anything i believe they encourge their employees to help and evangilise their products and projects (private or public). the easy anwser woud be he is just busy with a new job, simple as that.